Anton crashes DCS

Rockrend

Just recently my Anton has been crashing DCS upon hitting "fly".  It doesn't do it all the time and I can't seem to identify exactly what circumstances lead to the crash.  Please find the log and mission below...https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/292315-anton-crashes-dcs/?do=findComment&comment=4884921

Possibly something to do with the sound, that seems to be the last thing that happened before the crash.

I'd appreciate some assistance or insight into the cause.  Thanks...

Edited by Rockrend
  • Like 2

Please do not paste the text of a logfile directly into the post! Just attach the file. Nobody wants to scroll forever just to find the next post.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I tried the Anton, and in fact there is an issue. I  conducted 3 successive sessions, each with several runs of the same mission. Two of the 3 sessions produced the crash after a number of runs, always with the same mission. In both cases the game froze at the very start of the mission, just after hitting "Fly". In both cases, I could not get out of the frozen game with [Esc], and I could not even end the game with task manager. Windows did not respond to anything and I had to kill the Windows session with the Power switch.
I attach the log files for both sessions.
The log files (I cannot interpret them well) might confirm another issue which I have had with the Anton for a long time: After ending a mission you can can hit "Close" to return to the mission selection, or "Fly again" to fly the same mission again. When I hit "Fly again" it does not open a fresh mission but instead replays the mission I've just ended, as if I had hit "Watch Track". This sounds like a different issue, but maybe it's related and so I mention it.

dcs.log.old dcs.log.old.old

• Thanks 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, LeCuvier said:

Please do not paste the text of a logfile directly into the post! Just attach the file. Nobody wants to scroll forever just to find the next post.

My apologies…For some reason I couldn’t find the attach file button at the time of posting. Thanks very much for your input, it is appreciated. Hopefully your information will cast further light on the cause of the crash.

I had same issue, hard crash on my side after this my gpu wasn't detected 😛 Instant crash after fly button clicked, i saw only cockpit not even loaded completely yet.

I noticed that my ram usage was 99% i smell some memory leak, when i load Anton ram usage shots sky high.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

12 minutes ago, grafspee said:

I noticed that my ram usage was 99% i smell some memory leak, when i load Anton ram usage shots sky high.

This type of crash has happened a couple of times to me recently, but I can't honestly remember whether it was during an Anton session (I have been flying it a LOT, though). The symptoms sound familiar; requiring me to terminate DCS via the task manager.

Edited by Lixma 06

• ED Team
14 hours ago, Rockrend said:

Just recently my Anton has been crashing DCS upon hitting "fly".  It doesn't do it all the time and I can't seem to identify exactly what circumstances lead to the crash.  Please find the log below...possibly something to do with the sound, that seems to be the last thing that happened before the crash.

I'd appreciate some assistance or insight into the cause.  Thanks...

Can you just attach the file, I deleted the full log, it kills the thread, sorry.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

6 hours ago, LeCuvier said:

I tried the Anton, and in fact there is an issue. I  conducted 3 successive sessions, each with several runs of the same mission. Two of the 3 sessions produced the crash after a number of runs, always with the same mission. In both cases the game froze at the very start of the mission, just after hitting "Fly". In both cases, I could not get out of the frozen game with [Esc], and I could not even end the game with task manager. Windows did not respond to anything and I had to kill the Windows session with the Power switch.
I attach the log files for both sessions.
The log files (I cannot interpret them well) might confirm another issue which I have had with the Anton for a long time: After ending a mission you can can hit "Close" to return to the mission selection, or "Fly again" to fly the same mission again. When I hit "Fly again" it does not open a fresh mission but instead replays the mission I've just ended, as if I had hit "Watch Track". This sounds like a different issue, but maybe it's related and so I mention it.

Can you post the mission file? I tried default Caucasus free flight and cold start training missions and the airplane loaded correctly in these. I wonder what would happen If I tried yours.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Just now, the freeze happened when, after exiting from the mission, I hit "Watch track". This time I could kill DCS with task manager before Windows crashed.
@Art-J: I attach the mission file. It's a mission I set up myself from under "Saved games". I do not believe that the issue is mission-related. But sometimes I can fly the mission 4 or 5 times before the crash occurs.

Dogfight vs P-47D-30-Early.miz

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

• ED Team

Unable to reproduce for me. 

Are you using any unofficial mods or edits?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, NineLine said:

Can you just attach the file, I deleted the full log, it kills the thread, sorry.

Here it is.  The crash is at the end of the log and it also shows some successful loads of the same mission, prior to the crash.  The mission is also attached.  No mods or edits and I also tried a slow repair.  As I said, the crash doesn't always happen and I haven't been able to identify what exact action precedes the crash on my part either.  Hopefully the log and mission will shed some light on the subject.

Thanks...   

dcs.log.old FW 190 A-8 Takeoff.miz

I got the Anton a few days ago, and yes. I've had 2 or 3 crashes in it. I thought it was something else. But now that you mentioned it. They all happened in the Anton. And DCS is usually very stable for me.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

4 hours ago, NineLine said:

Make sure you guys have done all the normal stuff, repair, remove mods, check for updates (GPU etc.) etc. So far we have had a number of testers try, as well as myself and another ED Team member and no crash so far.

I have just now removed all mods and run a repair. My GPU drivers are up-to-date. I did a session with the Anton, and I could reproduce the described issue in the 3rd or fourth mission.
I attach the log file. Whoever tries to reproduce, please note that you may have to do 5 or more successive missions before you run into the problem. My PC has "only" 16 GB of RAM. If this is a memory problem and you have a 32 GB monster, you might not be able to reproduce the failure (my layman's thinking).

dcs.log

LeCuvier

13 minutes ago, NineLine said:

Ok, I was able to reproduce it and boy what a nasty crash, I will get it reported ASAP, thanks for all the help and patience. 

Excellent...yep pretty nasty crash alright.  Thanks to all that contributed.

If it's of any use now, 32G RAM, i7 6700k (stop laughing), MSI NVIDIA RTX2080 Super, Win10 (latest version and current update), DCS is on a 1TB Samsung SSD, Win10 is on a 1TB M2 SSD.

Edited by Rockrend
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, NineLine said:

Ok, I was able to reproduce it and boy what a nasty crash, I will get it reported ASAP, thanks for all the help and patience. 

Well, so we have good news and bad news. I'm relieved that you could reproduce it so quickly, so our reports have credibility, and hopefully the bug will be addressed with some priority, although ED have probably ordered "All hands to the Apache pumps!"

PS: I'm happy I could re-activate my mods. I couldn't even get the guns to fire; but that's not a subject for this thread.

LeCuvier

After updating with today's hotfix I tried again, and after 12 missions I was about to shout "halleluyah!". But after I launched the 13th mission it crashed.

Earlier it would crash mostly after less than 5 missions. Does this mean that stability is improved, or was the fact that I could run 12 missions in a row without a crash just a fluke?
I would like to see someone else try to run a dozen or so short missions in a row. Anyway, it should not crash even after 20 missions.

Also, I wonder if I would get the same issue if I flew 12 missions in a row with any other fighter.

dcs.log

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Actually, I would have been surprised if had been fixed so quickly.

LeCuvier