No sound when being hit

Lynnux

18 hours ago, Flappie said:

@Rebel28Here you go. I used current OB (2.7.10.19473).

Thank you for taking the time to run the test. From your video you clearly have hit sounds which I do not. I have run repair multiple times and all sounds are turned up yet I get nothing doing the same run. Other people on the same server also have no sound on hits being taken. This has been for awhile and has us very confused as to why this is happening.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. What might we be overlooking for a fix other than a complete reinstall of the program.

Here's the next step:

1. Download attached file and put it in your "Saved Games/DCS.../Config" folder (you may have such a file already - if so, rename existing file to avoid overwriting).
  2. Reproduce the missing hit sound issue (preferably in SP).
  3. Exit mission and save track.
  4. Then attach here:
    • your "Saved Games/DCS.../Logs/sound.log" file
    • your "Saved Games/DCS.../Logs/dcs.log" file,
    • your track.

autoexec.cfg

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 1 month later...

I have been dealing with this bug for a while now, at least a year or more (stopped playing for a while and recently started again). It was driving me nuts, I couldn't hear any impacts either bullets or missiles.

So over the weekend I was messing around trying to figure out why I still cannot hear impacts on my aircrafts (f15c & a10a flaming cliffs). I found that if you uncheck the box that says "hear like a helmet" or something, I unchecked that box and now I can hear impacts.

Not sure if that's intended, but it seems to be my issue hope it helps someone.

Edited by d3fct

• 2 months later...