Reshade 6.0 gets native support for OpenXr

speed-of-heat

14 minutes ago, ShaunX said:

Confirmed same problem. With that change End key now works in 2D but not in VR.

Ah well, I guess it's only day 2 of the release

I think it's the nature of the beast now, and the release notes seem to suggest they are treated as two separate environments controls wise. It would be useful to be able to map a key to enable/disable all, and that only affects VR though. Like you say, it may get implemented. Thanks for testing 👍

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

26 minutes ago, VFGiPJP said:

even though I am mixing the hacked version and overwrite it by 5.0.0.

I’m not sure crossing the streams does what you think it does…

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Does anyone knows if Reshade 5.0 is functionning with a Quest 2 and Oculus VR ? 

I prefer launching DCS under oculus VR rather than steam  VR. I find the VR settings more straighrforward. But I could  be convinced otherwise.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pixie said:

Does anyone knows if Reshade 5.0 is functionning with a Quest 2 and Oculus VR ? 

I prefer launching DCS under oculus VR rather than steam  VR. I find the VR settings more straighrforward. But I could  be convinced otherwise.

The readme says steamvr so i would guess not.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

From a pure performance and visual quality pov i am really torn on this:

with a reshade 5.0 the sharpening under a combination of lumiasharpen and vibrance is almost a perfect combination of performance to shimmer, but to get that I functionally have to give up the performance benefits from selective shadows (turning off tree shadows) and with 3dmigimoto and cluster munition fixes, or i have to drop vrperfkit, with NIS support.  In terms of raw generic performance quality at the moment i am tending towards Reshade 5.0 and vrperfkit, as generically that seems to give the best bang for the buck at the moment... I havent yet tried it with the legacy FSR approach which is likely what i will do next 

• Like 2

that didnt have the overall performance benefits i was looking for 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

From a pure performance and visual quality pov i am really torn on this:

with a reshade 5.0 the sharpening under a combination of lumiasharpen and vibrance is almost a perfect combination of performance to shimmer, but to get that I functionally have to give up the performance benefits from selective shadows (turning off tree shadows) and with 3dmigimoto and cluster munition fixes, or i have to drop vrperfkit, with NIS support.  In terms of raw generic performance quality at the moment i am tending towards Reshade 5.0 and vrperfkit, as generically that seems to give the best bang for the buck at the moment... I havent yet tried it with the legacy FSR approach which is likely what i will do next 

Would you mind sharing your Reshade config files in regard to Luma and Vibrance? Am I correct in assuming you are not using the Reshade VR_CAS shader, so are performing sharpening in vrperftoolkit exclusively? I think you had it set around 0.2 if I recall a config file post from a while back?

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

52 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

I’m not sure crossing the streams does what you think it does…

Well, my "hacked" copy has the VR_CAS_Color but as long as it "works" I am currently too busy to tackle with it for now. May be during the weekend I do a clean up and just go with ReShade 5.0.0 and see how far it fares.

BTW, I still have the "OpenVR_FSR" installed (I think).

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

cant get this to work for me VR sharpening etc works in my monitor but not in my headset. Reverting back to the previous version of reshade it worked great with VR.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

20 minutes ago, zildac said:

Would you mind sharing your Reshade config files in regard to Luma and Vibrance? Am I correct in assuming you are not using the Reshade VR_CAS shader, so are performing sharpening in vrperftoolkit exclusively? I think you had it set around 0.2 if I recall a config file post from a while back?

lumiasharpening does sharpening too , but its much less "shimmering"... im still playing and dodging back and forth at the moment 

1 minute ago, speed-of-heat said:

lumiasharpening does sharpening too , but its much less "shimmering"... im still playing and dodging back and forth at the moment 

👍

For me settings applied in 2D are applied in VR, but i can't get steam overlay in game to toggle effect on/off (steam VR + Oculus Rift S), so each time i want to apply different effect i need to restart the game
Any idea if steam overlay should work with oculus rift s or not? setting in steam and game are correct for steam overlay but doesnt popup

after much screwing around its a feature war:

- best perf combination is likely vrperfkit (NIS 0.8 and 0.2 for the sharpen)  and 3Dmigoto (I have shadows on for building but not trees and external colour set to 0.0) 

- best clarity vrperfkit and Reshade 5.0 (but no shadows to achieve similar performance)

- best eye candy Reshade 5.0 and 3Dmigoto, but worst performance (though there is a lot of functional overlap between them but you will get the situational performance benefits of shadows and cluster bombs) 

there really isn't a right answer because there isn't an even feature comparison, so you end up "robbing Peter to pay Paul", I have come down on the best perf combination of option 1, YMMV  as what is right for "me"... but alas because of the multitude of mods , overlap of features, and the collision between dll's it s a bit of a mess... they all have their advantages/weaknesses.

44 minutes ago, okopanja said:

Maybe an off topic but could you please point me to how to use reshape with DCS? (no VR on my side).

follow the install guide in the readme... its dead simple

36 minutes ago, titi69 said:

For me settings applied in 2D are applied in VR, but i can't get steam overlay in game to toggle effect on/off (steam VR + Oculus Rift S), so each time i want to apply different effect i need to restart the game
Any idea if steam overlay should work with oculus rift s or not? setting in steam and game are correct for steam overlay but doesnt popup

there are two separate menus, the 2d one is accessible via ctrl-home, then VR one is available via a controller button from your VR controller, even though there seem s to be some overlap between the 2d and VR options they really seem to apply separately 

Edited by speed-of-heat
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

after much screwing around its a feature war:

- best perf combination is likely vrperfkit (NIS 0.8 and 0.2 for the sharpen)  and 3Dmigoto (I have shadows on for building but not trees and external colour set to 0.0) 

- best clarity vrperfkit and Reshade 5.0 (but no shadows to achieve similar performance)

- best eye candy Reshade 5.0 and 3Dmigoto, but worst performance (though there is a lot of functional overlap between them but you will get the situational performance benefits of shadows and cluster bombs) 

there really isn't a right answer because there isn't an even feature comparison, so you end up "robbing Peter to pay Paul", I have come down on the best perf combination of option 1, YMMV  as what is right for "me"... but alas because of the multitude of mods , overlap of features, and the collision between dll's it s a bit of a mess... they all have their advantages/weaknesses.

follow the install guide in the readme... its dead simple

Thanks for taking the time "screwing around" 😀 It's much appreciated 👍

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

@speed-of-heat are you using Simplex with these 2 as well?

Intel i5-12600K | RTX4080 Super OC 16GB | 64GB 3600 MHz RAM | M.2 SSDs | Meta Quest 3

4 hours ago, johnbowzer said:

@speed-of-heat are you using Simplex with these 2 as well?

Yes you have to for the latest version of 3DMigoto

Yeah I couldn’t see any perf difference on smaa so I assumed it was broken.

I have to say I like the colour and the sharpness improvements here. May be I should spend more time tweaking the 3DMigoto instead. I dunno.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

I can't seem to get vrperfkit and Reshade 5.0 to work together. Both fine on there own, but if vrperfkit is enabled,  In the Reshade setup exe I get a message "dxgi.d11 already exists but does not belong to reshade"

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.

1 minute ago, oz555 said:

I can't seem to get vrperfkit and Reshade 5.0 to work together. Both fine on there own, but if vrperfkit is enabled,  In the Reshade setup exe I get a message "dxgi.d11 already exists but does not belong to reshade"

they both use the same dll ... you have to rename the vrperfkit dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll for reshade 5.0 and it to work together ...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, speed-of-heat said:

they both use the same dll ... you have to rename the vrperfkit dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll for reshade 5.0 and it to work together ...

Much appreciated. Thanks 

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.

Just to add a little more complication, here's another sharpener you may want to give a try.

It's from the same guy who wrote the VR_CAS_Color shader, I got it from this archive..

https://github.com/martymcmodding/qUINT

Note that you need to place both qUINT_sharp.fx and its header file qUINT_common.fxh in your shaders folder as he doesn't use the regular ReShade.fxh header

qUINT_sharp.fx qUINT_common.fxh

• Thanks 1

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards