Reshade 6.0 gets native support for OpenXr

speed-of-heat

If anybody finds this helpful, these are my settings for VRTK

• Circle radius 0.4 seems to work for my G2.
  • Sharpening: I'm using CAS.  Sliders generally to the left. 
    • 0.22 Contrast Adaptation 
    • 1.0 Sharpening Intensity
    • 0.2 Contrast clamping.  
  • Color Correction: I'm using Contrast & Saturation, which is easy-peasy.  Just adjust to your liking. 
  • Antialiasing:  (FXAA).  Settings taken from discussion in ReShade Forum
    • 0.75 Subpix
    • 0.16 Edge Detection Threshold
    • 0.8 Darkness Threshold

Comments:

CAS isn't the best sharpening tool in ReShade, but I think in DCS, with a high res headset, we don't really want a lot of sharpening and at low settings, honestly  CAS is as good as any.   Easiest way to tune this is by using the VR mirror, press "Home" to see the settings.  I'd start by keeping Sharpening Intensity at default 1.0.  Slide "Subpix" around until you like it.  Then slam Contrast Clamping all the way to the left, and ease it slightly to the right until you see the sharpening take effect.  

The combination of sharpening and contrast really makes the MFD's look good imo.

For FXAA, I'd leave Edge Detection Threshold and Darkness Threshold at 0.16 and 0.8, but you can adjust the Subpix slider to your preference.

FXAA is nothing to scream about, SMAA is a bit better in my estimation for a couple of reasons.  Among them, FXAA will slightly degrade spotting ground targets.  But, VRTK is designed to be efficient, and that, it does. 

• Like 1

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

22 hours ago, DeltaMike said:

Not sure I follow the logic in using fholger mod here.  You should be able to drive the G2 at native resolution and have plenty left over, with fewer jaggies.  

I'd ditch VRTK and try SMAA with default settings and predication turned on. Compare that to msaa and see which one you like better

Match tree vis to vis range. You should be about 70-80%.  Bump up your gamma a little.  Dunno what to tell you about clouds,. What do you think?

I like lumasharpen a lot. A little of that goes a long way.  Color and contrast to suit, done

Try this.  100/100/1.0, native res.  SMAA first, sharpening filter next, color last. MSAA off.  Vegas and Dubai should look ok, everything else will look great, spotting will be maximized and your rig should be fast as stink. I can do that in my rig, and it runs. Yours should fly. 

"I'd ditch VRTK and try SMAA" Do you mean ditch VRPerf kit, which is the fholger one, or VRTK, which is the one inside Reshade?

PC: ASUS TUF 4090oc - Ryzen 7950X3D - 32gb DDR5 6000 - Quest Pro

Sims: DCS, IL2, MSFS

Pilot Skill: Drunk guy from Independence Day

RIO Skill: Goose (post neck-break) 

Hi guys

I come back into DCS, VR and 6 DOF motion simulator after 4 month being away. I have a G2 and I see a lot of new things on this forum !

I have a question for guys here ? do you fly in F16 ? because I remember that MFD are really difficult to read using FSR or NIS, even at 0.8 or 0.9.

Is that the same ith VRTK by example ? thanks

9 hours ago, Gryzor said:

Any Reshade 5.0.2 for download (BUT without the installer), just for DCS.

If you read the instructions for manual uninstall it'll tell you which files you need to put in ovgme or the like

On 3/27/2022 at 3:30 AM, dureiken said:

Hi guys

I come back into DCS, VR and 6 DOF motion simulator after 4 month being away. I have a G2 and I see a lot of new things on this forum !

I have a question for guys here ? do you fly in F16 ? because I remember that MFD are really difficult to read using FSR or NIS, even at 0.8 or 0.9.

Is that the same ith VRTK by example ? thanks

Reshade doesn't scale. You might consider running native resolution and doing a pass with lumsharpen.  

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

On 3/28/2022 at 11:52 PM, DeltaMike said:

If you read the instructions for manual uninstall it'll tell you which files you need to put in ovgme or the like

Reshade doesn't scale. You might consider running native resolution and doing a pass with lumsharpen.  

ok thanks 🙂 I ill try

do you use other shaders than vrtoolkit ?

btw thanks for your settings

edit : would you share yout ReShade.ini and preset.ini file ? thanks

Edited by dureiken

Can someone help me out? I want to run vrperfkit and Reshade but I cant run them together as they both have different dxgi.dll so I install reshade 5.0 and then have to overwrite it's dxgi.dll when install vrperfkit?

FC3, F86 Sabre, Mig 21Bis, A10C, C-101, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A18-C Hornet, UH1-H Huey, AV8-N/A Harrier, Mirage 2000c, Spitfire MKix, Me BF109 K-4, Tornado GR4 (one day).

You can rename one of them and it'll work

If you're using a WMR headset like the Reverb, most people are migrating over to OpenXR.  Same functionality, less overhead, fewer moving parts.  

• 2 weeks later...

So, if my understanding is correct: Reshade 5.x no longer works if I switch to OpenXR, right?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried reshade 5.1 via the installer, the menu comes up and everything but none of the effects make any difference...

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

10 minutes ago, Sandman1330 said:

Tried reshade 5.1 via the installer, the menu comes up and everything but none of the effects make any difference...

Reshade 5 VR is operated via Steam overlay (Steam OpenVR) and adjusted via VR controllers only.  Traditional adjustments via keyboard only affect nonVR mode.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

12 minutes ago, Supmua said:

Reshade 5 VR is operated via Steam overlay (Steam OpenVR) and adjusted via VR controllers only.  Traditional adjustments via keyboard only affect nonVR mode.

Maybe this is it then. How do I access the steamvr overlay? (nvm, think I found it)

Edit: Yes, thank you, I have it working. On first glace the VR toolkit seems to have a nice effect out of the box.

I'm honestly starting to get burnt out on chasing the holy grail of picture quality / performance. OpenXR was a bust due to stutters, now I'm trying to go back to reshade (had v4 working well). Why can't it all just work out of the box!! 😪

Edited by Sandman1330

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

Hi guys... I've tried everything and Im reallllyyy lost here I need your help. 

I'm a real life Pilot, Fly F16s, and nowadays Cessna 172, Texan, and Robinsons Choppers. I Been trying to use the Shader for VR HMD - But The effect only goes to the 2d Screen. So I went looking for answers - they said I need to run it on SteamVr, That's what I did. I run DCS from libary in steamvr - But it doesn't do anything. I can't toggle the SteamVR Overlay, when I press the QUEST-RIGHT-CONTROLER Home Button - it takes me right to the QUEST 2 LINK PAGE where it says "CLOSE APP" for DCS... or Reset View. the effect does working on the 65" inch scree, but will do no change in the VR-QUEST 2 HMD. so I tried really everything, restart the game, check performances, but nothing helps. I must get it to work. What do you guys suggest can be the fix for that? I can't even toggle STEAM-VR overlay when I'm in DCS menu... so ?

39 minutes ago, Wolfox1 said:

Hi guys... I've tried everything and Im reallllyyy lost here I need your help. 

I'm a real life Pilot, Fly F16s, and nowadays Cessna 172, Texan, and Robinsons Choppers. I Been trying to use the Shader for VR HMD - But The effect only goes to the 2d Screen. So I went looking for answers - they said I need to run it on SteamVr, That's what I did. I run DCS from libary in steamvr - But it doesn't do anything. I can't toggle the SteamVR Overlay, when I press the QUEST-RIGHT-CONTROLER Home Button - it takes me right to the QUEST 2 LINK PAGE where it says "CLOSE APP" for DCS... or Reset View. the effect does working on the 65" inch scree, but will do no change in the VR-QUEST 2 HMD. so I tried really everything, restart the game, check performances, but nothing helps. I must get it to work. What do you guys suggest can be the fix for that? I can't even toggle STEAM-VR overlay when I'm in DCS menu... so ?

NO... you need to RUN SteamVR, not just run DCS from Steam , using your Quest.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• 3 months later...

I just installed ReShade 5.4.1 and was really pleased what it looked like in 2D after just a couple of tweaks. However, when I launched VR I got this error message and frozen game. I had to kill the error window and the subsequent windows to save the log file since the mouse cursor wouldn't move over the windows... like it was blocked. Removing ReShade fixed it.

Reverb G2 using OpenXR. Are there any VR safe / unsafe shaders known? 

OpenComp error.png

I haven't really tried SteamVR, only OpenXR, but just installed it and was surprised. I don't know why, but I like SteamVr better. I installed Reshade 5.4.1, but in VR the colors are still the same. Only in 2D I see changes. How do I fix this? Thanks

i7-11700K 5GHz, 64GB DDR4@3200, ZOTAC RTX4090, iiyama 34 Red Eagle  || Quest 3, HP Reverb G2, TrackIR 5  || Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo, TM Warthog throttle(button box),  Virpil WarBRD+Viper stick, VPC interceptor pedals || TM MFD Cougar pack || F-16C, F-15E, AH-64D | Simshaker Jetpad || F-16 Panels: Landing Gear, CMDS, ICP, Avionics, Sensors, Lighting, Air Cond, HUD, Anti Ice

12 часов назад, speed-of-heat сказал:

Make the changes in vr...

I didn't find anything related to reshade. Could you please point me? 

I found it, but now I have a problem) I bought a brand new Reverb G2 "without controllers" version...will try to use gamepad emulator..

Edited by IR Sky

i7-11700K 5GHz, 64GB DDR4@3200, ZOTAC RTX4090, iiyama 34 Red Eagle  || Quest 3, HP Reverb G2, TrackIR 5  || Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo, TM Warthog throttle(button box),  Virpil WarBRD+Viper stick, VPC interceptor pedals || TM MFD Cougar pack || F-16C, F-15E, AH-64D | Simshaker Jetpad || F-16 Panels: Landing Gear, CMDS, ICP, Avionics, Sensors, Lighting, Air Cond, HUD, Anti Ice

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2023 at 1:40 AM, NatoAviator said:

Hey all, with the current O.B now supporting Native OpenXR, is anyone else finding Reshade only works in 2D and Not in VR anymore?

I'm on a Reverb G2, only started happening after today's O.B update...

Same for me. It only works in 2D, not in VR. Anybody knows how to fix this? (I'm using reshade v 5.6)

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H