Some old LO stuff that work for BS

Francous

Here some pictures of some old textures for Lockon that can work well for BS with a bit of work. I never did release them for different reasons, those are entirely made by me.

Is it worth to releasing my work ? I can make each base with different feeling and textures ( Russian )

ScreenShot_071.jpg

ScreenShot_069.jpg

ScreenShot_055.jpg

ScreenShot_067.jpg

I definitely can do much more , I could also make the correct traffic painted lines if i had the file or the tool for it but i don't so it's always limited as simple tiles.

if no one really care it's not a big deal ;) . ~S

Edited by Francous
  • Like 2

Here some pictures of some old textures for Lockon that can work well for BS with a bit of work. I never did release them for different reasons, those are entirely made by me.

Is it worth to releasing my work ? I can make each base with different feeling and textures ( Russian )

I definitely can do much more , I could also make the correct traffic painted lines if i had the file or the tool for it but i don't so it's always limited as simple tiles.

if no one really care it's not a big deal ;) . ~S

Hey man. :)

I'm also trying to create somthing like this.

Here the topic: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=33564

Your textures looks very sharp - did you resized it?

How you create the "surface" of concrete and joints?

I'd like to take some lessons. ^)

Всех убью, один останусь!

Looks great! I'd definetely use them!

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice © Scooter

Intel Core i7 8700K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5, 32Gb DDR4 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 3200MHz, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti Extreme, VKB Gunfighter MkII + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM MFD Panels, TrackIR5

ScreenShot_077.jpg

ScreenShot_079.jpg

What is important is to respect the lightness of the files, meaning the textures should look better with the same size or a tight bigger for modern video cards, you want everyone to feel good about using them with no FPS loss. Textures size is very important in Lockon.

When you work on your textures work them at higher resolution and also with many layers as possible.

Those textures now are 2 years old, I have no interest on doing Western style runways for the moment on Russian bases unless maybe with future maps.

It would be interesting if some of us could get together and make the airbases with different artists style representing the real bases, someone could do one and the other painter an other, it would add so much personality to each base and map ( no funky ones, and there are many ). If ED would give us the possibility to add the painted lines ( Alpha ) on top of the textures tiles it would boost and facilitate the work for a mush better result. I respect very much the fact that you started from scratch and not pasting a picture.

Work the tiles like you would for a "Plane skin"..add the weathering it will look great.

The problem also is to find the right way to downsize the textures and respecting ED base setup tiles which is a pain.

Some pics of many early tests

lo_004.jpg

lo_151.jpg

I always wanted to do grass but never really could with the limitation that we have, imagine a texture with alpha channel not placed horizontally but vertical and create some kind of grass ( ultra small weight ) at the base runways taxi ways or parkings.. I wish ED could hear this and give us something to work with..

lo_097.jpg

Taxi way landing.... bad!!!!! ;)

lo_125.jpg

Different

lo_219.jpg

Testing different styles also trying to make the blocks textures connections look ok. ( hard under Lockon )

lo_056.jpg

Do we know this plane ? ;)

Edited by Francous
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Yes the grass was very detailed reworked and light Poko.. ;)

Well I think Dragon you got yours made now.. i just checked my Pm now.. me bad..

It take a lot of layers to do them. ;)

I thought you'd vanished off the face of the earth! Your work is excellent you should still release imo. Don't really know why you haven't.

hello guys,

a very nice detail of francous work ( dragon, maybe you can include it in your release): see below.

the surface of the taxiway is amazing and the "block by block intersection" from run to taxiway look very real for russian airbases. what do u think about`? :-)

lo_219.jpg.9a47f5ccdf4bb2075f0abf70945bfac0.jpg