About Mirage F1

M F1

Razbam is "working" on almost a dozen modules. Out of those at least the F-15E, Mig-23, EE Lightning, Pucara, A-29 and Bo-105 all have shown more progress. Assuming optimistically one release every two years, that still means waiting about 10 years. Assuming that the Mirage 3 gets done immediately after the Strike Eagle and Foxbat, you're still looking at about 5 years worth of wait.

Hence my claim that Aerges will likely release a module after the F1, whatever that may be, before RB release a full fidelity Mirage 3.

15 minutes ago, TLTeo said:

Razbam is "working" on almost a dozen modules. Out of those at least the F-15E, Mig-23, EE Lightning, Pucara, A-29 and Bo-105 all have shown more progress. Assuming optimistically one release every two years, that still means waiting about 10 years. Assuming that the Mirage 3 gets done immediately after the Strike Eagle and Foxbat, you're still looking at about 5 years worth of wait.

Hence my claim that Aerges will likely release a module after the F1, whatever that may be, before RB release a full fidelity Mirage 3.

You are assuming Razbam is only one team. Razbam actually takes small groups or single developers and gives them a place to develop their work. so the work on 4 or 5 modules is simultaneous, not sequential. ED is teh bottleneck here, taking ts time to triple check the work on modules submitted as "release candidates".

And on the other side Aerges would start from scratch on the M III or dagger  and to date the F1 has been over 4 years in development and still counting ;).

So any witch way its going to be at last a couple of years till we see a Mirage III on DC. I would hope ED would fin a better way to sort releases and of course get more 3rd party developers on board. 

52 minutes ago, Baco said:

ED is teh bottleneck here

RB have not submitted a single module for ED to evaluate since 2019, it's not like they have sent a bunch of planes that ED are holding back. The MB-339 and Mirage F1 are taking a while to be approved, but I'd rather have that than whatever the Mig-19 or F-16 releases were.

RB have done a great job on the Harrier and Mirage, but they still have a million modelers and artists and not enough coders to actually complete all the project they have announced. Hence all the pretty 3d models and zero coding done for said models.

But we're going off topic so let's just drop it there.

Edited by TLTeo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dragon1-1 said:

You guys know RAZBAM is working on a Mirage III, right? Maybe even a Dagger. You won't need to use the F1 as a stand-in once that one comes out.

RB is working on a lot of things, so it might be a while 🙂 

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

1 hour ago, TLTeo said:

But we're going off topic so let's just drop it there.

Agree!, and then again we can have multiple Mirages form multiple 3rd parties, I will buy them all!. Like I said before: If its made by Dassault, I´ll buy it.

Edited by Baco

• 2 weeks later...

Some information on the presence of the Mirage F1 in the Greek Air Force

(Μερικές πληροφορίες για την παρουσία του Mirage F1 στην Πολεμική Αεροπορία)

sources:
https://news.matia.gr/2022-02/afieroma-sta-ellinika-mirage-f1-me-aformi-tin-ptosi-aeroskafous-stis-ipa/
https://www.defencenet.gr/amyna/aeroporia/900065_mirage-f1cg-i-istoria-toy-gallikoy-antikatoptrismoy-stin-pa?amp=
https://www.ptisidiastima.com/43-years-mirage-f1-haf/

In a context of changing internal politics and particular geopolitics, the USA refused to sell 36 Phantom F-4Es to Greece.
Reasons why this country turned to France and the aeronautical manufacturer Dassault to acquire new planes.
The agreement for the purchase of 40 Mirage F1C aircraft was signed on June 16, 1974... but Dassault could not deliver the aircraft gradually until 1983.
Greece needed the aircraft immediately and it was therefore decided, after the intervention of the French President, an accelerated delivery of the 40 Mirage F 1Cs ordered.
This was made possible by delaying deliveries to the French Air Force in favor of the Hellenic Air Force.

Convoyed by Greek pilots, the first two Mirage F.1CGs were received on August 5, 1975 (code 101 and 102) in Tanagra (fifty kilometers north of the capital, Athens). It is also this base where the first Rafale (Dassault) were received.
On August 6, 1975, seven other F1-CG landed, and thus joined the 342nd All Weather Squadron at the controls of Convair F-102A and TF-102A Delta Dagger.
The second Squadron equipped with Mirage F1-CG, was the 334th Air Force officially created in May 1977.
Deliveries were completed in early April 1978, with the arrival of Mirage F1-CG number 140 on Tanagra.

At the end of 1975 the Mirage F.1CGs also began to fly operational missions, the Mirage F1 was the Hellenic Air Force's main interceptor fighter over the Aegean Sea for more than 15 years.

The version delivered to Greece was armed with two internal 30mm cannons, but in 1976 the semi-active R530 medium-range guided missile was introduced, followed a year later by the infrared-guided R550 Magic.
At the same time, at the request of the Air Force General Staff, the American AIM-9 Sidewinder was added to the arsenal of the F1-CG (initially two AIM-9J Sidewinders on the wings then replaced by the AIM-9P-2 and from 1990, by the AIM-9P-4 version).

The Mirage F1 remained in service for 29 years, the last being retired in 2004.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2022 at 8:24 PM, MAXsenna said:

Nah, that's cheating. 😊 Spanish isn't that hard after a couple of beers.  😉

Could you edit your first post to get rid of the "white space"? 

bahaha. bueno!

i gathered from reading this thread that there is only the CE version? i did controls for the wrong variant... 

Edited by silverdevil
  • Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain