Unit visible before activation

Repth

Ground and ship groups have it. Aircraft and helicopter groups have a setting called "uncontrolled" and you need to add a triggered action command > start for the group to activate. 

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

When did that change? Aircraft used to have the same option. It was so much easier to set a start time and click a check box than messing around with triggers. Very disappointed if that was removed. It complicates things way more than needed.  

Never? Uncontrolled has been in the game for quite a while. Better part of 10 years. Aircraft still have late activation settings or setting their start time to anytime after mission start. They just aren't visible before spawn. Thats where uncontrolled comes in. The aircraft is physically there without a pilot, you do the command start, the pilot spawns in and the aircraft starts up. 

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I'll have to take your word for it then Grimes,  but I distinctly remember this being an option usable for aircraft. I used it all the time, specifically to avoid having to use triggers for something as easy as a start time for a group or single aircraft without it magicking itself into existence.

I guess i'll just have to accept the extra headache involved in dealing with triggers.

Thx.