How do I set up Datalink to show wingman as blue?

Hoggorm
Go to solution Solved by Tholozor,

On some multiplayer servers, Blue Flag for example, I often team up with a friend and would like to see him as a wingman (blue) on the HSD.

We have tried a number of different settings to achieve this without success.

Any advice would be helpful!

4 hours ago, Tholozor said:

Currently not possible, has to be the same group in the editor.

I hope DL management gets added at some point. The DL page on the DED is there and it is working, but it has no effect whatsoever as far as I can tell. I would like to be able to check my own DL ID and be able to add/remove other aircraft as my flight members. That would be especially helpful for some public multiplayer servers, where each aircraft is a group of its own.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 4

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

@Wags
In addition to the information from the mini update, I'm curious if editing flight members on the IDM DED page will also be made possible?

This would be incredibly helpful for servers with a lot of aircraft slots, where you might need to change flights (aircraft groups) on the fly and can't depend on the flights as they are grouped in the mission editor:

On 2/2/2022 at 11:19 AM, QuiGon said:

I hope DL management gets added at some point. The DL page on the DED is there and it is working, but it has no effect whatsoever as far as I can tell. I would like to be able to check my own DL ID and be able to add/remove other aircraft as my flight members. That would be especially helpful for some public multiplayer servers, where each aircraft is a group of its own.

• Like 4

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Not quite the blue dot solution the OP was after, but we experimented with the ICP's Datalink functions about a month ago and found that you can change your four-character callsign (where your Editor assigned callsign 'Enfield 1-1' shows as 'ED11') to whatever you like. This will then reflect on other F16s' radar pages if you lock up a target they can see. It will also show up on the Hornet SA and HMCS.unknown-1.png

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Floydii said:

Not quite the blue dot solution the OP was after, but we experimented with the ICP's Datalink functions about a month ago and found that you can change your four-character callsign (where your Editor assigned callsign 'Enfield 1-1' shows as 'ED11') to whatever you like. This will then reflect on other F16s' radar pages if you lock up a target they can see. It will also show up on the Hornet SA and HMCS.unknown-1.png

Nice find! :thumbup:
I've also messed with it before, but only tried to insert the ID of another F-16 player into my flight members to add him to my flight, which doesn't work (and doesn't make much sense if everyone flies around with ED11 as their ID...).

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 2/2/2022 at 11:19 AM, QuiGon said:

Also, to answer the posed question, yes, we plan L16 and IDM. 

Thanks, that's great to hear!! :thumbup: @Wags

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 2/8/2022 at 5:35 AM, Floydii said:

Hm I have tested this earlier with a colleague and there it has unfortunately not worked as you describe

On 2/10/2022 at 11:27 AM, Hobel said:

Hm I have tested this earlier with a colleague and there it has unfortunately not worked as you describe

Inputting the new callsign didn't work? Or did you successfully input the callsign and it didn't show up on the radar?

The small detail of that image are a bit lacking, I think you need to press enter on the  ICP to lock in the letters of the callsign maybe.