Need Proper Lua edit for F18 Fuel Dump On/Off

BMGZ06

SO after this last update they changed to some new lua 2 pos special switches so Iet it overwrite my already edited lua that had the Fuel Dump on off 2 position edit that worked great and always synced up loading into the F18. Now when I do the edit as I did before the game forces the dump switch to ON even if my winwing switch is set to OFF then I have to manually sync them.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

I understand you want to use a single 2-position ON/OFF switch. If that's right, you can add this line of code:

{down = fuel_commands.DumpSw, up = fuel_commands.DumpSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_INTERFACE, value_down =  1.0, value_up = -1.0, name = _('Fuel Dump Switch 2-Pos ON/OFF'), category = {_('Left Console'), _('Fuel Control Panel')}},

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

2 hours ago, LeCuvier said:

I understand you want to use a single 2-position ON/OFF switch. If that's right, you can add this line of code:

{down = fuel_commands.DumpSw, up = fuel_commands.DumpSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_INTERFACE, value_down =  1.0, value_up = -1.0, name = _('Fuel Dump Switch 2-Pos ON/OFF'), category = {_('Left Console'), _('Fuel Control Panel')}},

Well I always had it as two separate line codes that allowed my winwing throttle fuel dump switch to work as intended. I have edited it but now the switch is never synced no matter how I bind the ON and OFF or what position I have the physical switch when loading into the game. If I load in and the physical switch is OFF it is set to ON in game. If I set it the physical switch to ON and load in the switch in game is ON still but switching my winwing switch to off doesnt sync right away. I have to actually flick the in game switch to off then it will be synced properly with my physical switch. Very odd.

What stumps me even more is that ED went as far as making special code for 2 POS switches finally for the Hook bypass, launch bar etc but not the Fuel Dump. 

Edited by BMGZ06

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

If you used to have two lines of code that means your physical switch has two switched connectors. If I remember right you call that a single pole double throw switch in US speak. That would work with these two lines of code:

{down = fuel_commands.DumpSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_INTERFACE, value_down =  1.0, name = _('Fuel Dump Switch ON'), category = {_('Left Console'), _('Fuel Control Panel')}},
{down = fuel_commands.DumpSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_INTERFACE, value_down =  -1.0, name = _('Fuel Dump Switch OFF'), category = {_('Left Console'), _('Fuel Control Panel')}},

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, LeCuvier said:

If you used to have two lines of code that means your physical switch has two switched connectors. If I remember right you call that a single pole double throw switch in US speak. That would work with these two lines of code:

{down = fuel_commands.DumpSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_INTERFACE, value_down =  1.0, name = _('Fuel Dump Switch ON'), category = {_('Left Console'), _('Fuel Control Panel')}},
{down = fuel_commands.DumpSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_INTERFACE, value_down =  -1.0, name = _('Fuel Dump Switch OFF'), category = {_('Left Console'), _('Fuel Control Panel')}},

Awesome I will try this out!

2 hours ago, LeCuvier said:

Ya those two worked and I guess it was not working because I still had the original line of code still in so it was confusing it.