Mission 5 - 2.7.10

fumap

Hi,

I had couple of issues in Mission 5 with the Prince AI after the fight, found a possible workaround for that so I thought was a good idea to write it here. Don't know if the last Open Beta update messed up the AI but had to fly the mission three times.

1) Started the fight, hit Prince 3 times, he calls Joker and proceeds to remain Red, fly at stall speed with full afterburner around 2000/3000 feet.

2) Second time I call joker, he calls for the climb to 28K but remains Red and when I stay on his six he takes evasive manouvers while levelled at 28K. Flown behind him for 10 mins then restarted.

3) This time like the first he calls Joker, I climb myself to 28K and orbit around WPT3 leaving him alone (he flies away and disappears few times). After few minutes he reappears as friendly and I can finally continue with the mission. Might be an useful workaround if anyone has the same issue.

Loved the mission, I managed to escape the SU33, no idea how after watching the TacView track 😅...

fumap

MY SYTEM: Intel i9-12900K / Asus Maximus Z690 Apex / 32Gb Corsair Vengeance 5600MHz DDR5 / Asus TUF RTX3080Ti OC / DCS on Intel 900p 480GB / Watercooling loop based on EKWB - Triple 360 Rad

Just wasted an hour with the same experience as you.

Finished the 1v1, climbed with Prince to 28k while he's zigging and zagging all over the show. Once at 28k he orbited WP3 until he ran out of fuel and ejected.

Now that you mention it, he was marked red on the radar the whole time.

Saitek X52 | 4770k@4.3GHz | MSI 1080GTX Armor OC | TrackIR 5

Yeah, don't quote me on this but it looks like he needs to disappear as red and re-spawn as friendly from some position to the east of WPT3. Not sure how this exactly works but after he called Joker he flown to the East and I let him go. At the same time I climbed 28K and orbited WPT3. After some time he respawned as friendly and mission continued. I found similar reports from some months ago and they were fixed, I wonder if some DCS update broke something...

• Like 1

fumap

MY SYTEM: Intel i9-12900K / Asus Maximus Z690 Apex / 32Gb Corsair Vengeance 5600MHz DDR5 / Asus TUF RTX3080Ti OC / DCS on Intel 900p 480GB / Watercooling loop based on EKWB - Triple 360 Rad

• 3 months later...

I also encountered the AI hornet issue in both this mission and another campaign recently.  It seems like this can happen if you let your airspeed drop below ~250.  Even though they are the flight lead it seems like they slow down if you get below a certain speed?

Another issue I encountered in this mission was COMM 2 appeared to get stuck on transmit (triangle icon where the channel number usually is).  I first noticed this while Prince was heading to Iran.  I wasn't hearing any of the outgoing or incoming messages on Strike, although I was still hearing Guard which I was monitoring on COMM 2.  I tried fiddling with it, changing channels, etc, but I could never get the triangle icon to go away, and wasn't able to hear anything on COMM 2 for the rest of the mission.

• 1 month later...