Suggestion for a chargeable MiG21bis II upgrade

Rosebud47

• 4 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Skuva said:

The only variant I'm really willing to pay extra for 🙂 (the forbidden one)

image.png

The wings are not Deltas! That is heresy! :furious:

• Like 3

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

8 hours ago, Skuva said:

The only variant I'm really willing to pay extra for 🙂 (the forbidden one)

image.png

Do you want to have plane that explodes mid flight? Or you want it to be WT like modelled? Described parameters are theoretical. All the plane did was to kill her pilot.

"At 1:01 p.m., Colonel Korovin radioed that the aircraft was in a spin. 30 seconds later, he called that he was ejecting.

The Ye-50/3 crashed near the village of Radovitsy, approximately 100 kilometers (62 miles) southeast of Ramenskoye. The body of Colonel Korovin was located about 150 meters (164 yards) from the crash site, still in his ejection seat. The parachute had not opened, and the test pilot had been killed on impact.

The accident investigation found that during the delay to takeoff, the liquid oxidizer accumulated in the combustion chamber. This caught fire as the prototype took off. The rocket engine’s turbopump exploded. The explosion damaged the flight control system and the prototype caught fire. The fire burned away a portion of the airplane’s vertical fin. When it entered a spin, Colonel Korovin was unable to recover. It was found that he had removed his gloves and tried to manually pull the ejection seat parachute release cable, but to no avail."

Source:
https://www.thisdayinaviation.com/tag/mikoyan-gurevich-ye-503/#:~:text=The Ye-50%2F3 crashed,had been killed on impact.

Edited by 303_Kermit

15 hours ago, 303_Kermit said:

Do you want to have plane that explodes mid flight? Or you want it to be WT like modelled? Described parameters are theoretical. All the plane did was to kill her pilot.

"At 1:01 p.m., Colonel Korovin radioed that the aircraft was in a spin. 30 seconds later, he called that he was ejecting.

The Ye-50/3 crashed near the village of Radovitsy, approximately 100 kilometers (62 miles) southeast of Ramenskoye. The body of Colonel Korovin was located about 150 meters (164 yards) from the crash site, still in his ejection seat. The parachute had not opened, and the test pilot had been killed on impact.

The accident investigation found that during the delay to takeoff, the liquid oxidizer accumulated in the combustion chamber. This caught fire as the prototype took off. The rocket engine’s turbopump exploded. The explosion damaged the flight control system and the prototype caught fire. The fire burned away a portion of the airplane’s vertical fin. When it entered a spin, Colonel Korovin was unable to recover. It was found that he had removed his gloves and tried to manually pull the ejection seat parachute release cable, but to no avail."

Source:
https://www.thisdayinaviation.com/tag/mikoyan-gurevich-ye-503/#:~:text=The Ye-50%2F3 crashed,had been killed on impact.

In today news: "DCS player is capable of identifying an enemy jet fighter at 5 nautical miles, but is unable to spot a joke right in front of his eyes and proceeds to cite the same source the joke came from."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, 303_Kermit said:

@Skuva
I failed to recognize a joke in Internet after I discovered "Flat Earth Society". Either I'm bit too old, or your joke failed to be funny, or... The topic for jokes is somewhere else?

I think its because you've been gatekeeping this thread for so long you became susceptible to the whoosh.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, karapus78 said:

… And seeing how rarely anything was done on it, the new modules from this studio I look without optimism.🤷‍♂️

Funnily enough, I've been seeing constant updates and fixes in changelogs since ever, even recent patches had them. But yes, we all await eagerly for the v2.0 of this module to come since it was actually the very first third party module in DCS back in 2014 and it's dated by now despite the updates received.

• Like 3

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

On 4/26/2023 at 2:43 PM, Ala13_ManOWar said:

Funnily enough, I've been seeing constant updates and fixes in changelogs since ever, even recent patches had them. But yes, we all await eagerly for the v2.0 of this module to come since it was actually the very first third party module in DCS back in 2014 and it's dated by now despite the updates received.

What you constantly see there is still a big question...

The last update on the Mig-21 was with the December 27, 2022 patch. (And that, there were only "Fixed flickering on the lantern windows in rainy weather", "Fixed the 'electrics' of the warning alarm.").

No fixes or improvements were made to the Mig-21 in subsequent patches. The same famous misspelled inscription still disfigures the cockpit.

And yes, from December 16, 2022 also tried to remove the flicker of the lantern in rainy weather and essentially did not fix it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, karapus78 said:

What you constantly see there is still a big question...

I just read changelogs, those are there 🤷‍♂️ . But yes, I'm awaiting for the update either, I really like the module.

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

26 minutes ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

I just read changelogs, those are there 🤷‍♂️ . But yes, I'm awaiting for the update either, I really like the module.

Waiting for MiG-21 face - lift or at least bug fix...
resting-skeleton.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&

Edited by 303_Kermit
  • Like 6