Wandering George AI CPG head movement in pilot IHADSS

Whirley

As far as I know there is an indication in the pilot's IHADSS of where the CPG is currently facing in the real Apache.

For single player pilots it would be nice to have George AI CPG look around in a random fashion just to mimic scanning the surroundings for more immersion. So we can see his head and the indication in the IHADSS move.

This wandering of gaze really adds to the Jester AI of the Tomcat and makes it appear more human.

Would be nice even if it was only cosmetic with George.

Not sure how it would be done. Maybe just let his head randomly wander when he is not looking through the TADS - looking around like the Mi-8 crew - as long as the Apache pilot's master arm is off or so.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Yeah I was about to suggest something similar. Like give George a bit of life... make his head wobble with changes in momentum, make him look around arbitrarly sometimes... make him follow IHADSS indications like you said... or even let him try to look over his shoulder when he talks to you sometimes. This would increase the feeling of immersion a lot, since you're in a social ship.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I‘m not 100% sure, but I believe it was said earlier that George moving head animation is wip and will be added later in the early access….

I‘m on your side, giving George a bit life with proper animation would be very immersive…..

• Like 1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - CH-47F - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1