Update : MiG-21 Yaws violently to the left - Issue isolated

foxonefoxtwo

Hi guys

As the title suggests, been having a weird aerodynamic behavior in the MiG-21 - She tends to yaw very violently to the left for some reason, speeds no factor. I almost feels some one has the pushed the nose to the left. Happens only to the left side and has just started to happen. Been flying her for 1.5 year and it seems to have occurred after the last update. Tried to recreate it with rudder only and aileron only inputs but it doesnt really give that 'shock' left yaw. 

Would appreciate any help. Thanks

Edited by foxonefoxtwo
Corrected title, found exact issue, described in post reply.

• foxonefoxtwo changed the title to MiG-21 Yaws violently to the left

To me it appears to be some sort of a yaw-roll coupling - I just did some more testing and appears to be associated with left aileron with no/little left rudder. I use a twist joystick and hence my rudder inputs are not the most accurate. However, I am absolutely certain it was not there before say about 25 days when I played last. Seems to me like an update changed something. Could be wrong.

The only other experience I've had similar to this is when two controls have accidentally been mapped to the same axis. DCS then seems to slam from one mapped control to the other. Any recent hardware changes? I'm not currently flying the MiG 21 so can't help you there.

Edited by Hinkey

1 hour ago, foxonefoxtwo said:

Hi guys

As the title suggests, been having a weird aerodynamic behavior in the MiG-21 - She tends to yaw very violently to the left for some reason, speeds no factor. I almost feels some one has the pushed the nose to the left. Happens only to the left side and has just started to happen. Been flying her for 1.5 year and it seems to have occurred after the last update. Tried to recreate it with rudder only and aileron only inputs but it doesnt really give that 'shock' left yaw. 

Would appreciate any help. Thanks

You definitely need to check ALL your axis assignments for your MiG-21. I'm nearly 100% sure, you will find some double assigned axis. This happened to
me not only with the MiG-21, but on all plane modules - especially when you just bought one and you didn't set up any inputs / buttons.

And DCS has the bad habit of assigning every single axis you may have to nearly all axis input options for a plane, when you start with a new module.
The first thing I do, is to clear all the categories in the axis setup options - except for the mouse and TrackIR input axis! This way, I make sure not to have
any axis interfering with each other.

15 hours ago, foxonefoxtwo said:

To me it appears to be some sort of a yaw-roll coupling - I just did some more testing and appears to be associated with left aileron with no/little left rudder. I use a twist joystick and hence my rudder inputs are not the most accurate. However, I am absolutely certain it was not there before say about 25 days when I played last. Seems to me like an update changed something. Could be wrong.

Confirmed.  The mig now has a nasty tendency to roll to the left. Dont know what it is, but my joystick is 100% in perfect condition.

Could be a bug?

forum.png

• foxonefoxtwo changed the title to Update : MiG-21 Yaws violently to the left - Issue isolated

So did some more testing with the axis commands and found the exact issue.

When applying left aileron only - I get FULL deflection of the rudder as well. It doesnt matter how much I deflect the ailerons, the rudder goes full bore. Tried to reset all axis, nothing is duplicated. The problem appears to happen on other jets as well. I am certain it is a joystick problem by the looks of it. The rudder axis works fine. But on the aileron axis, I get full rudder to the left on even the slightest movement of the stick to the left. Would anybody have solutions?

Thanks