P-47 lua bug

_Hoss

I've got a question for the lua experts, concerning the controller script for the P-47.  I'd like to see if the Jugs borked analog trim script is close to or the same as the Mustangs.  Reason being, my analog trim box works great in the Mustang and Spitfire, but is halved in the Jug and Mossie.  The cockpit and cold air controls in the Mustang are probably never going to be fixed, there's no money in it. So I'd like to see if there is a way to compare and experiment with the lua if at all to fix this problem, because I prefer the analog trim to the keyboard trim, which works great by the way.  And yes I did revert back to keyboard trim in the Jug and Mossie.  If someone would like to experiment with me that's knowledgeable and willing to look at and fix the script.  You can PM me to talk if you wish and then when and if we see a fix we can share it with the Jug/Mossie drivers. 

Thanks

Hoss

Sempre Fortis

After further experimentation last night with the Jug, I found out it's much worse than I thought.  All the L/R/B bomb arming/jettison controls on my BlackHog don't work, everything else does,  I had to go through and assign key presses for bomb/rocket arming/de-arming and jettison in the P-51, P-47, Mosquito (1 - 9, RCTL + 1 - 9)  I came up with a database so I would not be stepping on other keystrokes in a module.  I combined those keystrokes and tried to keep them as consistent as possible between modules. Well they worked great before the update, now they are borked in the Jug and Mossie, the Mustang still works like I programed it (joy2key).  So that tells me my BlackHog is working as advertised.  Beta testing modules is very bad in DCS before a release is put out, they look for discrepencies on fixes module upgrades developers are doing and skip the others.  We all know that is a common occurrence after every update.  The release version is just as bad.  Most of the servers I fly on when I get the chance are Open-Beta servers, and the individuals I fly with all use Open-Beta.  So it's disconcerting when the modules you love to fly are gathering dust and getting worse with every update.  I guess we will have to get up a Truck Convoy and head to DCS/ED and blast our air-horns...................... 

I'm probably going to get more naughty boy points from the admins.........:poster_ban:

Hoss

Edited by 352nd_Hoss

Sempre Fortis

• ED Team
1 hour ago, peachmonkey said:

yup, you're not alone. The last update screwed up the trim axis for p47 big time. @NineLine doesn't respond to any request to look in to the issue. The update had zero to do with WWII modules but somehow messed it up so bad I don't understand how is that even possible.  @BIGNEWY are you guys going to acknowledge this at all?

Hi, I will ask the team if any changes were made during the last patches and get back to you.

18 hours ago, 352nd_Hoss said:

I'm probably going to get more naughty boy points from the admins

Please read the forum rules at the top of the forum, as long as you dont break them you will be fine. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

I have reported this issue to the team, analog axis seems to have a problem, button trim seems ok for me. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 2/3/2022 at 5:53 AM, 352nd_Hoss said:

I've got a question for the lua experts, concerning the controller script for the P-47.  I'd like to see if the Jugs borked analog trim script is close to or the same as the Mustangs.  Reason being, my analog trim box works great in the Mustang and Spitfire, but is halved in the Jug and Mossie.  The cockpit and cold air controls in the Mustang are probably never going to be fixed, there's no money in it. So I'd like to see if there is a way to compare and experiment with the lua if at all to fix this problem, because I prefer the analog trim to the keyboard trim, which works great by the way.  And yes I did revert back to keyboard trim in the Jug and Mossie.  If someone would like to experiment with me that's knowledgeable and willing to look at and fix the script.  You can PM me to talk if you wish and then when and if we see a fix we can share it with the Jug/Mossie drivers. 

Thanks

Hoss

@352nd_HossI can help you kick possible .lua solutions around, preferrably one issue at a time. For the P-51 Cold Air to RAM there is a solution in this post: https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/267849-p-51-ram-air-missing-after-patch/#elControls_4682233_menu

I'm using this fix. It shows the animation and I see the effect in boost pressure.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

The analog trim function is still broken in the Jug, and it was not mentioned in the release notes for this latest Open Beta version.  The Mosquito has been fixed, the analog trim works, and my BlackHog controls the bomb arming functions using keyboard commands vice dx commands.  The P-47 bomb arming functions work on my keyboard 1 - 9 and RCTL 1 - 9, as I assigned that to the keyboard column in controls myself.  My Blackhog will control it using dx commands but using control/keyboard commands via the blackhog is bugged. It worked fine before and I'd like to have the functionality back.  I assign a list of commands (Sequence) to the blackhog using joy2key, it works in the Mustang, and Mossie now after this last update.  So now I'm back to using my TMWH trim hat for trim, and using the mouse for bomb arming functions.  I don't have the stable version loaded so I can't speak about whether its broken there or not. 

Signed........ :wallbash: Frustrated Jug Jocky..................................

Cheers

Edited by 352nd_Hoss

Sempre Fortis

• 5 months later...

Yes, my trim box works on all of the controls available. Some don't have all R/P/Y adjustments. All the other problems with my controllers and the Settings/Keymapping GUI page are good now. Thank you for asking.

• Thanks 1

Sempre Fortis