TAD Threat Rings

Alpiinoo

20 minutes ago, nickos86 said:

Another way to read his post is "It is a 0 priority at the moment. Let's talk again after AH64 is released, and the pressure out of F16/18 is way lower" 🙂

It's undeniably true however this is what he said on Hoggit "HUD symbology could be a new feature, but we haven't cleared what we can and can't do yet". This indicates that lack of available resources or priority issues may be holding back the ARC-210 but the additional symbology may never come, it all depends on what the Air Force allows them. 

23 hours ago, BuzzU said:

It may be classified. Do you think we get everything on the planes? A lot of the good stuff will be left out.

Classified isn’t the correct terminology but everything, including what we have now, is secret.  It’s just a matter of what ED has been allowed to add.  

I’m overly critical of ED at times but understand these limitations.  What frustrates me is when communication isn’t clear or it is ambiguous.

That being said I for sure can’t understand why something like threat rings are okay in one module but not another.  Only thing I can think is the A-10C (v1 and v2) are direct results of DoD contracts which likely have clauses specific to the consumer product where as the Hornet, Viper, and Apache (to my knowledge anyways) are not.

Edited by Snoopy
Additional clarification
  • Like 5

23 hours ago, BuzzU said:

What I meant by classified is it's not available to the public. How can what we have be called classified anymore? Yes, it was once but can it still be called classified now?

This is just my opinion. I'm open to be wrong.

Classified isn’t an actually “informational category” in the DoD anymore.  

Could spend hours explaining export controls and DoD information classification but everyone would fall asleep before they reached the halfway point. lol

Edited by Snoopy
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kev2go said:

ah well maybe with another paid update  in a few years we could get the features it should of had from day 1 for our modules. 

Yes it's outright disgusting, the way ED conducts business, charging us for...

• new graphics engine
  • new terrain engine
  • new weather engine
  • NTTR for A-10C beta customers
  • reworked Caucasus map
  • Marianas map
  • another Marianas map (WWII era; yet to be released)
  • countless new high poly, high quality ground, air, and water assets including China Asset pack
  • reworked, highly detailed, VR compatible A-10C cockpit
  • VR support

How dare they?! The A-10C should have had all of that from day one!

Now, sarcasm aside, I'll take new features if and when they get delivered, but I've got to say even if I hadn't purchased the A-10C II upgrade for a ridiculously low price, I'd be entirely happy with the A-10C module being supported through 10+ years, and with the state it's in, which feels like a brand new and up-to-date DCS module. What else do you expect ED to deliver?

1 hour ago, Kev2go said:

I dont buy the "classified" for all examples of stuff missing

Outside of ED, the ANG and the DoD there's probably no one who can say with certainty which features have been excluded for classification reasons (and there are surely levels below "classified" that still prevent an entertainment company from simulating certain features). But we should also remember that the DCS A-10C module was created after ED secured a contract with the ANG. In turn, there may simply be contractual obligations that prevent them from doing something that they were free to do in later modules. Or they simply feel that the A-10C is feature complete and they don't bother implementing it for free. Which would be fine with me just as well.

Edited by Yurgon
  • Like 1

• ED Team

please read the forum rules before posting, off topic and 1.15 posts removed

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 6 months later...