SA page TDC cursor disappears when not SOI

zildac
Go to solution Solved by Hulkbust44,

I originally posted this over on the Raven one forum, but it may be better placed here. I'm not sure if it's a bug or by design, so any info would be much appreciated.

In many of the tutorial videos I have seen when trying to place the TGP in the general direction of a bullseye call for an A2G tasking you simply use the SA page and the TDC cursor to slew to the general area, switch to the TGP and then move the pod so the pod marker in the SA page is within the previously placed TDC cursor. The thing is as soon as I SCS right for example to make the TGP SOI on the right MFD the TDC cursors on the SA page disappear. This doesn't seem to happen in any of the videos I've seen. Is this new behaviour, a bug or just "user error"? Likewise, I see no threat rings and the only waypoint that is numbered is Bullseye, have I missed some setup on the AMPCD? I'm following what I believe to be the correct cold start procedure, running the latest OB 2.7.10.18996.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Intended, only the display that is TDC priority will have the TDC cursor.
Thanks. So presumably the behaviour seen in older videos was incorrect. On that basis what is the correct procedure for getting the pod in the general area of a bullseye call?

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

• Solution
Thanks. So presumably the behaviour seen in older videos was incorrect. On that basis what is the correct procedure for getting the pod in the general area of a bullseye call?
Correct.

IRL it would just be a depress on a donor track to target it. Many other ways too. In DCS just creat an OS wypt with bulls as the OAP.

47 minutes ago, Hulkbust44 said:
Correct.

IRL it would just be a depress on a donor track to target it. Many other ways too. In DCS just creat an OS wypt with bulls as the OAP.

Many thanks, I'll take a look at that.

Edited by zildac