Order Wingmen to Lase Target / Attack Lased Target

JonathanRL

An addition I would like is if you could order a wingman with a laser targeting device. Say "give order > Lase Target > Ships" and then the wingman will lase the nearest suitable target in that category. And vice versa, you can order your wingman to attack your laset target and if they carry laser guided weapons will do so. 

A map editor option to make a airplane lase for you without the entire JTAC interaction would also be very fun for Campaigns. 

• Like 2

signature.png

HI

I think a few people have asked for this more than once including me!

At the moment you can only ask them to engage ground targets or air defences etc.

But in the A10 it has an extra menu I think its engage with or something and you can specify the weapon type and direction to attack the target you have for the SPI.

I think the wingmen need more AI and they have said they are working on it.  But I would probably think asking them to engage a particular target is high priority for some users that like to play CAS and other types of ground attack in the F18 and F16.  I have had them taxi into me a few times but not tested it in the latest update.  Really wish single player parts of the game would be worked on more!  In the F18 you can now see what they have targeted on the data link so the reverse is true for them.

Thanks

Anthony

Whether or not asked before, this would indeed be an awesome addition to DCS 👍

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH