Red Flag M08, JTAC Coordinates

CH4Pz

Im working my way through the red flag campaign, and in this mission the JTAC gives coordinates in MGRS (NB627583), so i watched Wags video on converting coordinates to MGRS (select sp21, dobber right) and it does convert, i fill out all the info, but no waypoint shows up, and if i hit RTN, and go back into 4 "STPT" , all the data is reset again. In wags video, he already has the long/lat inserted and just does the conversion, and all other vids are 1-2 years old and only enter in long/lat, so not sure how to enter the data in MGRS. Any idea what im doing wrong or is it a bug? 

I looked for this when I was doing this mission as well. What I seemed to find (not 100% sure this is accurate) is that the F-16 is supposed to eventually be able to put MGRS coordinates in, but it can't at the moment. So the best way to do this (which is a pain, but doable) is to look on the Internet for an MGRS-to-Lat-Long converter, write down the MGRS coordinates while the game is paused, use the converter to put them into Lat-Long, and then either edit an existing steerpoint or create a new one with the Lat-Long coordinates.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FMBluecher said:

I looked for this when I was doing this mission as well. What I seemed to find (not 100% sure this is accurate) is that the F-16 is supposed to eventually be able to put MGRS coordinates in, but it can't at the moment. So the best way to do this (which is a pain, but doable) is to look on the Internet for an MGRS-to-Lat-Long converter, write down the MGRS coordinates while the game is paused, use the converter to put them into Lat-Long, and then either edit an existing steerpoint or create a new one with the Lat-Long coordinates.

Wow !! wata pain in the butt, makes you wonder why theyd even include this style mission 🤔 Thanks for the info

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2022 at 9:47 AM, UTurista said:

The F-16 in its current implementation already accepts MGRS coordinates.

1. Select steerpoint 21
  2. Use right dobber to convert to MGRS
  3. Fill all data
  4. Dobber down, untill you select "CNVRT"
  5. PRESS ENTER
  6. Refresh the current steerpoint by selecting a different one and back to 21.

mgrs.trk 282.24 kB · 3 downloads

i thought thats what i tried, but i will jump in sim and have a look tomorrow and report back ;)

Sorry took a bit @UTurista, my missions got wiped and had to get back to this one, but thanks heaps for the video, appreciate you taking the time to make it! i do think it works, but the mission its self is pretty vague so had to guess some values (no elevation or sector) so wasnt exact but did manage to find em. Thanks again 🙂