"SOUND TO" trigger collisions

Mistermann

I suspect this is simply a limitation of the ME, but figured I'd ask here to see if anyone has some advice/opinions.

I am working on a mission that includes some formation flying where the player participates in formation navigation between several waypoints.  There are triggers when making turns from WP to WP telling the player when to start the turn.

Additionally, I am trying to insert voiceovers whenever the player gets into proper formation, when they fallout of formation, and when they return to formation.

I have all this working.

BUT ... if the player happens to fallout or return to formation at the same time there's a turn, the sounds collide and step on each other.  I'd prefer the turn calls take priority over the general "you're back in formation" or "you're drifting away" sounds.

Is there any way to solve this within the mission editor?  My workaround is to make the sounds more brief so the chance of a collision is reduced, but certainly not eliminated.

Thanks!!

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

45 minutes ago, Mistermann said:

Is there any way to solve this within the mission editor? 

I'd designate one flag for each sound call class. Normally the Flag is Off, but when the sound class trigger activates, add to it a corresponding action setting the Flag ON. Then add a new trigger for each sound class, with the condition Time Since Flag and the seconds that its voice call lasts, the action would be to turn the Flag OFF to indicate that the sound class is now no longer playing.

Then you will be able to add to your sound class trigger a condition to test that all of these Flags are OFF ie no sound is playing at the moment, before starting a new sound.

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Great call, @Rudel_chw- thank you.  Seriously appreciate all you do for this community!

• Like 1

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod