Jester taking over control in the F4

JayTSX

I wondered, since the F4 got flight controls in the back, wouldn't it be funny for JESTER to pull the plane to level if it's in a nose dive at low altitude? This should be a optional thing (Maybe in the special features tab?) as some might not wan't JESTER to take over controls. As for me I found myself almost crashing in the ground alot while searching the map or doing stuff heads down so JESTER atleast screaming in my ear would be nice from time to time. Maybe as a kind of Instructor mode? So, that the player can decide, if JESTER prevents the plane from becomming a manned missile. I'd like to now, what others think about this.

Having seen how often Jester opts to eject out of a perfectly serviceable aircraft on those rare(?!?) occasions that I have left my pullout from a ground straff on the sporty side, then "no", I would rather have Jester sit back and just think about what he wants for his lunch when we recover back at base (and he'll probably get that wrong anyway.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, F1GHTS-ON said:

Having seen how often Jester opts to eject out of a perfectly serviceable aircraft on those rare(?!?) occasions that I have left my pullout from a ground straff on the sporty side, then "no", I would rather have Jester sit back and just think about what he wants for his lunch when we recover back at base (and he'll probably get that wrong anyway.

I often hear about JESTER ejecting but had it only occurring twice in Mp and never in Sp although flying mostly low altitude (about 100 feet above ground) to get in bomb range of SAM sites. He even hang out, when my plane almost lost all hydraulics and I had to land on it's belly. I don't know maybe I and Jester have a connection of some sort or someone sabotaged his seat...

14 hours ago, upyr1 said:

This would be a cool for in flight refueling, I've heard USAF F-4 pilots say it was easier to do from the back seat. 

Sounds reasonable since you would be more in line of sight from further back. But I'm just guessing and we'll see once we try it 😃

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cobra847 said:

Our intention is to have a more general Iceman-like entity that can take control of the aircraft which will also be used in the F-14 and A-6E, however this may not be a day 1 feature.

This not being a day 1 feature is no problem at all as it's more of a fun addition, which probably won't have as many use as other stuff like pave spike. Anyways I'm happy to get feedback from you guys and I'm definitely going to get my hands on it day 1 =).