Ai Asset Pack

BreaKKer

Since a ton of AI aircraft are being remodeled/updated, I figured I’d shoot out the names of some aircraft that would make the airspaces inside of DCS a bit more “congested”.

US Military:

E-8 JSTARS (Basically A/G AWACS, ELINT)

KC-10A (Tanker)

RC-135V/W Rivet Joint (ELINT)

RQ-4B Global Hawk/RQ-4C Triton (Maybe just make it RQ-4 with 2 different liveries for Navy and Air Force)

C-12 Huron/RC-12 (Logistics and ELINT)

C-20/C-37 Gulfstream (Logistics)

C-2 Greyhound (Carrier Logistics)

P-3 Orion/EP-3 (ASW, ELINT, Logistics)

Civilian:

Boeing 737-800

Airbus A320ceo

Basically, I found that not every scenario needs to be an all out war, and logistic aircraft in the theater that are just flying around and not loaded to the brim with missiles is a key part of any deployment/campaign where it’s not peer vs peer. Please add any other logistic aircraft, civilian aircraft, etc to this postthat you think would be great to have in DCS outside of missile slingers and basic aircraft we have had forever

Edited by BreaKKer
  • Like 4

BreaKKer

CAG and Commanding Officer of:

Carrier Air Wing Five //  VF-154 Black Knights

I'd love to see some older asset. My list (throws down a copy of Janes)

Early cold war (1945 - 1953 I define early cold war as the Stalinist era).

All we have is the F-86, MiG-15 , Spitfire, F-51 and F-47 add what ever you can.

Mid-cold war and Vietnam war era ( 1954 - 1975)-

we at least need the century series 

• Like 2

For the UK (and others)

- Puma

- Merlin

- Poseidon MRA1.

- a better looking Tornado, and GR4 variant.

- Jaguar

And many more...

In general, the world's oldest air force needs some lovin' in DCS 😄

2 minutes ago, Capn kamikaze said:

What do you expect the difference to actually be to you though, it's likely not worth the devs time to make it.

The difference, for me, is that many of the world's most important air forces, like the RAF, are barely represented. It seriously minimises what campaign and mission builders can achieve.

Completely disagree it's not worth their time to expand the base sim.

• Like 2

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

7 minutes ago, LooseSeal said:

For the UK (and others)

- Puma

- Merlin

- Poseidon MRA1.

- a better looking Tornado, and GR4 variant.

- Jaguar

And many more...

In general, the world's oldest air force needs some lovin' in DCS 😄

The difference, for me, is that many of the world's most important air forces, like the RAF, are barely represented. It seriously minimises what campaign and mission builders can achieve.

Completely disagree it's not worth their time to expand the base sim.

You completely misunderstood my response.

I don't think the player experience is going to be improved in any appreciable way by adding an E-2C when we already have an E-2D, and I would bet the vast majority of people would not be able to tell any difference and would not notice unless it was pointed out to them since the differences would all be behind the scenes, and that is why I would say it would be a waste of the devs time to do an E-2C when there are far more QoL improvements elsewhere that would make much more impactful changes.

3 minutes ago, Capn kamikaze said:

You completely misunderstood my response.

Ah, fair enough! I thought you were replying to the thread and the idea as a whole. No problem 😉

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR