ROPL2 Getting the AI wingman in the fight?

Steel Jaw

10 minutes ago, Steel Jaw said:

Very nice work on the Campaigns, but...is there not any way to get my Wingman in the fight rather than just an onlooker?

Thanks

Hi

Which campaign and mission in particular so I can take a look.

Normally in the air to air conflicts the AI wing man should engage a certain amount of the enemy aircraft but not all. (Otherwise you could just sit back and let him do all the work 😜)

Thats how things worked on release. However there has been a mass of recent DCS AI changes over the last year. This has meant sometimes the AI is very fickle and may just decide not to engage. 

So  let me know a particular mission and I will check it out.

Badger633

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Well, for example, releasing the hostage ship at the island.  He does nothing, even though he's loaded with ordnance.  Be nice if he pitched in.  Thanks for the quick replay, brother.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

2 hours ago, Steel Jaw said:

Well, for example, releasing the hostage ship at the island.  He does nothing, even though he's loaded with ordnance.  Be nice if he pitched in.  Thanks for the quick replay, brother.

He does pitch in with the air to air intercept which follows.

OK, know what you mean, will keep it in mind for the next campaign I am working on now.
Have to be careful though as to how much you leave to AI as they are not super dependable especially through DCS updates.

Glad you enjoyed the campaigns. 👍

Badger633

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.