GBU bomb drop line/square/beep tone and chucks guide different

Kitchen_Duty

Other than the laser issue that is happening right now where it will stop working after a few minutes, according to chuck's guide there is a square that falls down, like a normal drop line in NATO planes, that is not present anymore.  I do hear the tone and hold pickle on the tone but instead of dropping on cue, it seems to drop instantly.  

Bomb set to auto, nose/tail, laser set to auto, area or point track

Did i miss something in the patch notes or has this changed recently?

Edit: i'm several versions behind on chucks....

Edited by Kitchen_Duty

2 hours ago, Kitchen_Duty said:

Other than the laser issue that is happening right now where it will stop working after a few minutes, according to chuck's guide there is a square that falls down, like a normal drop line in NATO planes, that is not present anymore.  I do hear the tone and hold pickle on the tone but instead of dropping on cue, it seems to drop instantly.  

Chucksguide for the JF-17 havent been updated since the 28/05/2021. There has been some changes since then. Check the changelogs.

Edited by Mike_Romeo

My skins

On 2/4/2022 at 2:23 PM, Kitchen_Duty said:

Could you explain what part of the symbology you are referring to in the guide? I believe it was updated with the latest CCRP cue.

4 hours ago, Charly_Owl said:

Could you explain what part of the symbology you are referring to in the guide? I believe it was updated with the latest CCRP cue.

My guide is from 12/31/20 and it shows on page 219 a box that falls down the line.  (i'm an idiot, i'm several versions behind)
i just downloaded the new one (5/28) and it does show what it is now. i'm an idiot. But i still don't understand the beeping tones. When i pickle on the first tone and hold, it drops immediately and typically falls short or is a really low angle to hit

Edited by Kitchen_Duty

6 hours ago, Kitchen_Duty said:

My guide is from 12/31/20 and it shows on page 219 a box that falls down the line.  (i'm an idiot, i'm several versions behind)
i just downloaded the new one (5/28) and it does show what it is now. i'm an idiot. But i still don't understand the beeping tones. When i pickle on the first tone and hold, it drops immediately and typically falls short or is a really low angle to hit

I hold after first tone. I’m not an expert on CCRP on this plane by any stretch. But it seems that the first tone is the start of the window to press the button. Never gotten it to drop early by pressing early, might have to get re acquainted with it 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Can you be more precise regarding "laser malfunctions"? Instead of opening the 31st thread, I'm rather asking within the current one.

My experience: If I select let's say a GBU10 and release one at a time (two runs), everything is perfectly fine, the laser marks the target in "AUTO". However, when automatically switched to the remaining GBU16, no more lasing, not in AUTO and not in MANUAL, nothing. I get a tone, yes, but after the first set of GBUs, my laser is dead and the bombs go stupid immediately. Caging, uncaging, on / off, nothing helps. Not even landing and repairing!