CBU frames drop in F16

Husk

Hi,

I want to know it's a problem or bugs but when you use CBU-97 on airfield or another target,if you return over this one ,you suffered of massive frame drops over there.If you look the sky over the same spot,the frame rate return to normal...

Thank's

• ED Team

Hi, 

it is most likely the known issue we have with craters from the explosions creating FPS issue, we are working on a fix. 

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2022 at 5:10 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

it is most likely the known issue we have with craters from the explosions creating FPS issue, we are working on a fix. 

Thanks

At the risk of sounding rude or pushy, I do seriously hope a fix is coming soon since this very, very easily qualifies as a game breaking issue and will only become a more visible, more controversial problem as the Apache comes out. This kind of thing should be a very high priority because it impacts one of the most fundamental aspects of the sim. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, statrekmike said:

At the risk of sounding rude or pushy, I do seriously hope a fix is coming soon since this very, very easily qualifies as a game breaking issue and will only become a more visible, more controversial problem as the Apache comes out. This kind of thing should be a very high priority because it impacts one of the most fundamental aspects of the sim. 

What CBUs does the Apache carry?

No argument from me that the crater fps hit is an annoying issue ,  but the Apache has zero to do with it, nor will the Apache be more affected by it than other modules.

1 hour ago, Snappy said:

What CBUs does the Apache carry?

No argument from me that the crater fps hit is an annoying issue ,  but the Apache has zero to do with it, nor will the Apache be more affected by it than other modules.

It is a issue because it isn't just CBU craters that are bugged. It is craters in general. It just manifests faster with CBU's because they produce more craters faster. 

Perhaps it is better to put this in practical terms. Last night, I created and ran a mission with my group that involved a large artillery barrage. That barrage created A LOT of small craters and as a result, looking at that specific area of the map through the targeting pod of the F-16 turned the sim into a slideshow. It was the same thing that causes the CBU framerate hit but it took longer to manifest since they were created over the long term via a artillery barrage as opposed to a few CBU's. 

To bring this back to the Apache. If you are on a server where people are shooting a ton of rockets in a general area (which isn't unreasonable), you will also encounter the same crater bug. This will be a bigger issue on larger-scale public servers where you might have a wide variety of munitions being used in a given area by a lot of different players. In faster, higher-flying aircraft you can get out of the performance impact area pretty quickly but in a helicopter you are not so lucky.

Either way, this has been acknowledged as a crater specific bug (and not a CBU specific bug) and apparently it has been fixed in a upcoming build.