INS Norm Position

JesseJames38

I have been trying to use the normal INS alignment and can not get past the 10. So far i have been sitting here for 12 minutes.  I have fallowed Wags instruction from one year ago and the steps stated in Chucks guide.     Move switch to the Norm position. And selected the  Lat and Long positions and selected enter key before the two minute mark.

Any idea what my issue may be that i am doing wrong?

Thanks

Jesse.

10 is now maximum alignment quality for a cold start jet in the sim now. Once it reaches 10 you’re good to go.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

So now, the most aligned the aircraft can get is 10, instead of the 6?   When did this happen to change, i don't remember seeing any of this in the release notes.  Is this how the aircraft is suppose to work? Or is this a case of a bug being introduced into the aircraft and not being caught?

Thanks

It changed quite a long time ago at least 4 months I think. And it is correct for the real aircraft. In order to get higher quality than 10 IRL it requires an enhanced alignment process, which includes moving the aircraft to another position and then doing more alignment. This however is not modelled in the sim currently. Alignment quality 10 is perfectly sufficient for all INS/GPS weapons or navigation.

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• 2 weeks later...