Gun Cage with Radar lock should trigger gun funnel

Spock14

Hey, 
If I remeber correctly if you have a radar lock in ACM mode and press the cage button the HUD should present the gun funnel instead of the pipper aka "training mode"
If I am not mistaking the DCS Hornet used to simulate that. 

All the best 

Spock 

GunCage.trk

Edited by Spock14
spelling

• ED Team

Hi, 

I must have a bad memory I don't recall this, I will ask. Or if you have any evidence I will follow it up.

As far as I remember the funnel mode is displayed if the radar is not tracking the L&S target, or if lock-on is broken.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I've been flying the Hornet since day one and don't remember that either. Additionally, I don't know why you would want the gun funnel when you have a TD Box and Pipper?

Edited by wilbur81

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

• Spock14 changed the title to Gun Cage with Radar lock should trigger gun funnel

Hey, 
Well I hoped you could ask an SME which has currently access to the Charlie Hornet. I will dig into the manuals and see if I can come up with somthing. 
I thought the Aircraft will even give you the option FNNL on PB19 at the Stores format right next to firing rate. It is commonly used as training mode I am almost certain the Echo can do it. Anyway no big problem I just thought I gave some feedback and maybe Bignewy and the team can come up with a certain answer for it.

All the best 

Spock 

• ED Team

Hi, 

I can find no evidence for this on a C hornet, if you have some please PM me.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...