Question about starting Supercarrier

ertert

Just downloaded Supercarrier. The icon shows up when world is loaded but it does nothing.

I was told you need to get the F14 or F18 to do "missions" but is there a

way to just use the carrier to play around with for awhile to see how things work,

or are one of the planes required to even use it?

This is your first post, WELCOME!

EDIT: Without another aircraft which would have ready made missions using the Supercarrier (i.e. F/A-18C or F-14A/B) you will probably need to create a small mission yourself to interact with the supercarrier module.

There are also several active multiplayer servers running missions using the Supercarrier. You may want to join one of those sessions (basically a mission created by somebody else and hosted online) and use it to check out the carrier.

Edited by randomTOTEN

• 2 months later...
On 2/4/2022 at 8:39 PM, ertert said:

Just downloaded Supercarrier. The icon shows up when world is loaded but it does nothing.

I was told you need to get the F14 or F18 to do "missions" but is there a

way to just use the carrier to play around with for awhile to see how things work,

or are one of the planes required to even use it?

Sorry for the late response. You may have already got one of the flyable modules to use with the SC, but it is not required to use the SC. I have made missions using the SC without owning any of the flyable modules for it. You can simply populate the SC with Ai aircraft and watch them launch and recover on the SC. It can be a lot of fun setting up an entire battle group and have it attack/defend threats.

With the most recent update to the SC, I will definitely be getting back to using the SC in more missions.