Black blinking spots in the cockpit of some modules

Ithronwise

Hi all,

I am pretty sure there is an older thread describing this issue, but unfortunately I couldn't find it. I notice small squared black blinking spots in the cockpit of different modules (official modules and community modules), e.g. F-14, F-5E, UH-60L. In other modules like F/A-18C, F-16C, AV-8B, A-4E-C I couldn't see this issue yet. 

Here is a short video (F-5E) to demonstrate it (Shoulder Harness lever on the left side of the ejection seat and Emergency Canopy Jettison Lever on the lower right side of the front panel):

Best regards,
Rene

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

51 minutes ago, Mustang said:

SSAO enabled in options? If so disable and see if they go away.

Thank you very much for this hint. You are right, with SSAO = OFF the blinking black spots are gone.

@ED, is there a plan to fix this issue?

Edited by Ithronwise

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

This issue has been reported internally. I added your video to the report.

I'm unable to reproduce this bug. There must be some hardware/softwae/settings combination that causes this, and we need to find it. Can you please attach your dxdiag log (howto), your options.lua file (Saved Games/DCS/Config) and screenshots of your NVIDIA or AMD graphic settings?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Here they are (sorry, the Radeon settings are in German):

DxDiag.txt

options.lua

Radeon - DCS settings

Radeon Settings - DCS.jpg

Radeon - Global display settings

Radeon Settings - Display.jpg

Radeon - Global graphics settings

Radeon Settings - Global Graphics.jpg

Radeon - Tuning settings

Radeon Settings - Tuning Settings.jpg

Edited by Ithronwise
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a new graphics card now (again an AMD card), but even with this I have the same issue, when I set SSAO to ON. I tested it with the newest optional AMD driver (22.2.2) and with the latest recommended driver (21.10.2 WHQL). Before I installed the new card I deleted the old driver by using the Display Driver Uninstaller and did the same when I tested the named two different drivers. So it seems, this issue is caused by an incompatibility of AMD cards and/or drivers with the DCS rendering engine.

Edited by Ithronwise

• 6 months later...

Hi Flappie,
I tested it and can confirm, the issue is gone. No more black flickering spots in the cockpit with SSAO = On. (But I leave it OFF now, because I didn't miss anything without it in the last months and with it ON I have some light performance hits). Thanks to you and the ED team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2