AI Crew Audio Calls/Cues for Landing

Maybe this has been discussed before but I haven't been able to find it: Something that would be great to be added to the official module would be the ability for the flight engineer/copilot to call whether your wheels are over something flat and solid, "Front is solid" "Left is solid" "Right is hanging" etc. Obviously you'd want to be able to turn this on and off but it would come in very useful for landing on helipads or roofs. I'm not an expert on DCS programming but I would think you could have something like the radar altimeter assigned to each wheel that triggers an audio file. When it hits a meter the crew starts directing you.

I think this could even be developed as a mod by the community by kind of kitbashing existing code together like the radar altimeter and the sling loading on screen indicator and audio cues.  I'm not even saying I want an on screen indicator just some idea of whether I'm ok to drop it or not when there's small margin of  error.  And I know, most people just go to external view to compensate but you don't always have time to do that and it does break immersion. 

Any thoughts? 

6c365fb7a1faa65e35998ed7b83826d0.jpg

• Like 3

In DCS the old gods are dead and we pray to the new gods RNG and Fate. It's time to toss the dice.

It would be nice to have an AI crewman giving you some idea of where you're hovering, or obstacles going into confined areas etc. Like an expanded version of what you already get for sling loading stuff.

• Like 2

i7-9700F, 32Gb RAM, RTX 2080 Super, HP Reverb G2.