MIssion 2 No tape's on call

MaxMPower

Fight doesn’t start when Smoke went at 60 miles. I tried three times this mission from the beginning but all times nothin happened. No further radio exchanges, his just follow to my side.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX G17 (RTX2070) | Oculus Quest 2
VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle | VPC Control Panel#2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base+Grip

VPC ACE Interceptor pedals

Ми-8, Ми-24Д, Ка-50, Л-39, Миг-15, Миг-21, Су-27, Су- 33|Harrier, F-14, F-16, F-18, Supercarrier, AH-64D
FC3, CA, NS430|Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Same. I keep going in circles at waypoint 4, preset 3 on prime. After Smoke cuts away, nothing happens.  Maybe the trigger is broken, or DCS's "Forrest Gump" AI keeps wandering off. 😉

Edit: thinking about it some more, I assume that ED's ongoing tuning of AI behavior is messing up some of the triggers in this campaign (and many other campaigns as well).

Edited by Jayhawk1971
  • Like 1

I'm so happy to see this post. I've literally been tearing my hair out at this.

I've now flown this mission four times, one of which Smoke flew into and blew up the tanker, the other three he cuts away as planned, then promptly runs home afterwards.

Radios set as briefed. Anchored at WP4.

I love these detailed missions, but it's incredibly frustrating committing to a long mission when it's broken for whatever reason.

Is it even worth trying the rest?

• Like 2

Saitek X52 | 4770k@4.3GHz | MSI 1080GTX Armor OC | TrackIR 5

I think that is only my problem😅

So, dear Baltic Dragon please fix that. The raven one is the very good campaign and things like this break the thread of the story.

ASUS ROG STRIX G17 (RTX2070) | Oculus Quest 2
VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle | VPC Control Panel#2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base+Grip

VPC ACE Interceptor pedals

Ми-8, Ми-24Д, Ка-50, Л-39, Миг-15, Миг-21, Су-27, Су- 33|Harrier, F-14, F-16, F-18, Supercarrier, AH-64D
FC3, CA, NS430|Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Thank God I'm not the only one, I actually played the mission before the recent patch and the triggers were okay, I screwed up with the CASE III recovery and bolted but decided to just quit the mission and play it again another time because I wasn't really convinced with my performance apart from the AAR ( I wasn't able to locate the bandit). I played the mission again after the update, and voila, no "tapes on" trigger after 50-60nm separation from Smoke.  Had a little problem also with Enemy Within M02 and had to repeat that too because of the AI. 

• Like 1

Started my first play through of this amazing campaign yesterday and did this mission 4 times and had the same issue. There also seems to be an issue with the radio chatter, I only got the discussion about Saint on one of those rounds.
Either way, it was great AAR practice so that's a win! Hope it's an easy fix for you guys!

Any landing that doesn't require the jaws of life....is a good landing...

Hello all,

First of all, thanks for this campaign. I have had an issue with the tanker on my way back to Mother after playing a bit with the Fencer . I decided to refuel as we were low on fuel and expecting an CASE 3 approach. When prompted to contact the tanker, we joined him but this jerk was flying inside the coulds (at night) continuously descending , making our approach very difficult, I managed to contact and refuel . When I was done, I got the prompt saying to let my wingman do it first (sorry mate).

As the tanker was still descending, my wingman couldn't refuel at all. We then RTB , contacted Mother and performed our approach. He stayed in my wing until the plateform . I managed to land and the mission was a success.

On 2/5/2022 at 5:15 PM, baltic_dragon said:

Thanks guys, sorry for late reply, spent last week away from computer. I’m on it!

As others said, some patches break the AI behaviour, but it does not happen too often, fortunately. 

Hello, I confirm the above bug: after AAR and 1st contact with Magic at Wpt 4 nothing happens, played on OB 2.7.10.18996.

If helpful to fix the problem: I played the miz on 2.7.6.13436 and it works properly. 

Thank you

baco30

UPDATE: this is now internally fixed, however I don't know when the next OB update will be. With new AI logic Smoke turned before he got to specific zone, which broke the mission. 

ED agreed that I post the updated file until it is included with the next update, you can grab it HERE.

Edited by baltic_dragon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Tested this twice last night (I suck at carrier landings and met the ramp with a bang on the first try), Smoke did the tapes on call perfectly both times for me. But with the updated mission file you uploaded, he doesn't start the mission correctly.

Smoke starts up and takes off before I even get my INS aligned, he does not wait for the radio check. Luckily he just orbits and joins up at WP1. So the follow trigger seems to be working even though the mission notes say you should get in the air before him.

Really enjoyed this mission though, the weather at the start and the lighting is just incredible...

EDIT: The chatter about Saint and the events of the previous mission don't trigger at all. On both tries. The first tanker also spawns much earlier and you only catch up to it almost at the next waypoint. Previously it would spawn and you would have visual as you approach WP2.

Edited by Capn_Jakes
Additional Info

Any landing that doesn't require the jaws of life....is a good landing...

Holy Molly!!! Thanks a lot for the fix! I repeated this 3 times and could not understand what Smoke expected of me in the end. The failures of the previous campaigns I've been through have tempered me to Valyrian steel )) so AAR wasn't as hard as it was a few months ago, but I totally understand other players.
And a big thank you to @baltic_dragon!!! I finally got the adult and realistic campaign I wanted, without the arcade and anime with comics ))

Edited by vitdor
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

I just flew this last night and Smoke never leaves to go tape's on.  He just stays in formation with me all the time.  I know Baltic Dragon put out a fix but I didn't install it since there were open beta updates for that mission since Feb 2020  and I probably have the latest fixes as well since I am OB up to date, but Smoke never leaves me side.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

On 1/8/2023 at 8:24 AM, baltic_dragon said:

I just checked it and it worked fine. Maybe something was fixed under the hood as I am on Closed Open Beta, which is a few bug fixes ahead (and bug injections too) from OB. 

OK, so I should just wait a bit until the next patch?

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

I ran the mission again, this time with the version you offered for download on this forum and Smoke just followed me around, no cut away, no tape's on.

v6,

boNes