Mission to test R-828 Homing not working

LupinYonder

Hi, I'm trying test out all the functions of the Mi-24 radio homing. The mission I have created is for the R-828. I have been following the excelent chucks guide and this youtube tutorial. I have the following questions.

1. I can't seem to get the truck transmitting or I can't pick it up on the R-828 and ARK-U2

2. I have also tried a similar mission with 3 trucks broadcasting on the R-852 and ARK-U2 and the R-863 with no luck

3. As I understand it the R-863 does not use the ARK-U2 but uses the ADF switch on the R-863 panel and moves the HSI Needle 1 ( Like the ARK-15M ADF )

Could you please check my  track and mission to see what I'm doing wrong ? Thanks

This all stemmed from me being annoyed at getting lost all the time in MP servers and seeing what beacons I could tune into online. I think it's simpler to just rely on the doppler nav system unfortunately. 

Mi24 Radio Nav Test.miz MI24 R-828 test.trk

1 hour ago, LupinYonder said:

Doh! Ok that solves the 828. Thanks for taking the time to help!

Now the 852. Updated mission with another truck transmitting on 114.155 AM ( Channel 1 ) No luck. 

MI24 R-852 test.trk 258.85 kB · 1 download Mi24 Radio Nav Test.miz 68.87 kB · 1 download

I don't know if you sent wrong file or you made mistake, but frequency is FM 50. Change it to 114.115 AM and my suggestion is to select another sound file, your file would not sound for me.

My file works fine, so does compass

Yes unfortunetly R-863 ADF in non functional, I have a hunch it is so in the real bird and the switch only there becuase it’s the same panel from another aircraft, like our ADI that can show localizers and glide slopes. 

What I have not been able to make work but would love, is for R-828 ADF to work for air to air. Sometimes it seems to work for a split second but very inconsistent. It would be nice to use this feature to see the direction from which people on the radio are talking 

• Like 2

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg