Markindel's PBY Catalina Torpedo Bomber

Hawkeye60

Presenting,

Markindel's PBY Catalina Torpedo Bomber

Two version included

Standard land based, carrier capable

Float Torpedo Bomber

The Consolidated PBY Catalina is a flying boat and amphibious aircraft that was produced in the 1930s and 1940s. In Canadian service it was known as the Canso. It was one of the most widely used seaplanes of World War II. Catalinas served with every branch of the United States Armed Forces and in the air forces and navies of many other nations. The last military PBYs served until the 1980s. As of 2014, nearly 80 years after its first flight, the aircraft continues to fly as a waterbomber (or airtanker) in aerial firefighting operations in some parts of the world. None remain in military service

Capable of carrying an airborne lifeboat under one wing, a majority of the Catalinas operated air/sea rescue.

I wish to thank Mario for this outstanding addition to DCS World.

Please note, to use the torpedo bomber/float plane, the Landing tender is required.

Here,

We hope you enjoy them!

Stay safe and have FUN!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dncnw7fondn03bh/ai -PBY5 Catalina V 2.7.9.zip?dl=0

Screen-220206-155144.jpg

Screen-220206-155213.jpg

Screen-220206-155412.jpg

Screen-220206-155310.jpg

Screen-220206-165847.jpg

Screen-220206-155521.jpg

Screen-220206-171413.jpg

ps: I sent untold hours on this mod to get it to be as nice as it turned out.

With a assist from the master himself!

Thank you my friend!

Grazi!

(a cad nav model)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Just a small nit-pick, the PBY in the second picture - the stars and bars are on the wrong wing.
A very small oops in a fantastic rendition of an iconic aircraft. :thumbup:

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

Just a small nit-pick, the PBY in the second picture - the stars and bars are on the wrong wing.
A very small oops in a fantastic rendition of an iconic aircraft. 

To be honest, I was hoping the talented Livery guys would take up the challenge and make some new skins.

The included liveries only scratch the surface,

of all the nations and skins that were used.

See here!

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/h/581

Some great info on this iconic aircraft.

https://pbycatalina.com/pby-6/

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2019/08/31/cat-tales-the-story-of-world-war-iis-pby-flying-boat/

https://www.historicandclassicaircraftsales.com/pbycatalina

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Plane acts like it no longer has a hit box. shots go through it with no effect. Any chance of getting a update? The plane looks so nice and I real want to use it in Normandy and Islands map. 

The collision did work when this was posted.,

A Patch must have changed things...

I need a clean DCS logs to see if any clues are presnt

No other mods installed, just the Cat.

If your asking for any non mod log or track I’m out sorry. I’d have to remove far to many. Clear Glass, my P47 gear fix, text/marker color changes I’ve done. I can say that when I went to look at the collision file in viewer. It did not load like other planes I’ve looked at. 3d modeling and collision stuff is way over my head.