Interesting Reverb G2 rev 1 controller phenomenon

MA_Goblin

A while back, coinciding with the arrival of my rev 2 cable my controllers started to act up and tracking (mainly the right controller) began to be sporadic and the controllers would connect and disconnect.

My first thought was that lighting interfered with the headset cameras and went through a number of iterations with lamps of all kinds.

Even started to suspect the light from my sim controllers giving out interference since I can't dim the light on a couple of them.

Yesterday I tried a new approach. I installed a Bluetooth dongle of high quality that I had laying around from an old laptop, paired the G2 controllers with it and what do ya know, problems gone. Tracking is perfect and no connection/disconnection problem anymore.

So I just thought I'd post this here in case that someone has this odd problem and what I found to be a solution.

Regards
//
HJ

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb