Fuel leaks

Dannyvandelft

• ED Team

without a track replay its going to be impossible to check. But we will keep an eye out for it.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

Hello,

This happened to me yesterday, when I was hit by a shilka with a few hits and no damage declared. From 9700 pounds, I entered Bingo Fuel in a few seconds.

Greetings

(sorry, no track..)

Edited by ESA_v1T1

Several occasions of fuel leaks. No indications on fault panel. Notice too late the fuel needles. Saved the day once having noticed sooner,  by then changing the fuel feed knob. Or so it seemed.

Windows 7/10 64bit, Intel i7-4770K 3.9GHZ, 32 GB Ram, Gforce GTX 1080Ti, 11GB GDDR5 Valve Index. Force IPD 63 (for the F-16)

On 3/17/2022 at 10:17 PM, SCPanda said:

Well, the damage model for Viper now is basically is: guaranteed fuel leak once you are hit, no matter where. 

Not exactly. From spending most of my time in BFM servers there seems to really only be a handful of states but fuel leak isn't guaranteed.

1. rear fuselage hit - guaranteed fuel leak

2. rear stabilator hit - stabilator ripped off (fuel leak not guaranteed)

3. wing hit (heavy damage) - wingtip/half ripped off

4. wing hit (light damage) - Wing damages, will rip at high G

• ED Team

If anyone has a decent track that is reasonably short we will take a closer look at it.

thanks 

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...
  • ED Team

I have asked the team to investigate, 

but please if you have a short track replay attach it. 

thanks

• BIGNEWY locked and unlocked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Can we please please do a temporary fix to the F16 fuel leak issue? 

Right now, the logic seems to be very very basic, something like: IF fuselage damage (from even some guy with small caliber weapons hitting you pretty much anywhere) THEN leak all fuel out of all fuel tanks rapidly.

Doing any kind of strafing runs, low altitude bombing or whatnot is a bit boring when even the tiniest bullet impact means your aircraft will now be out of fuel in a minute or so...

If you can't fix it in short time, can't you just remove fuel leak from the game until you can.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team

I have a report open for the team, when I have news to share I will share it. 

thanks

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

In the last few patches F-16 seems very susceptible to fuel leaks ( no visual effect of fuel leaking) after being hit anywhere by any weapon calibre.
Noticeably fuel always leaks at the same rate, the amount of damage does not matter.

Is this the intended behavior or a possible bug?

• 3 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Hi all, 

we do have a small tweak coming in a future patch, however the viper is likely to take a fuel leak when damaged.

Hitting the front part of the fuselage creates leakage in F1 fuel tank, centre part - F2 and FWD tanks, aft part - A1 and AFT tanks. Hitting the wing adds leakage to wing tank.

Wing tank damage will mean a higher rate of fuel loss, partial damage to fuselage will be a reduced leak, however if a component is totally destroyed leaks will be significant. 

If you have public information about fuel tanks on our viper that you may think is relevant feel free to PM me. 

thanks

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys

This is not yet a bug report, I'm just trying to find out how many others are experiencing this?

Since a few patches back I'm finding that almost every time I take a hit from AAA I lose all my fuel with in 60 seconds. FWD goes first and then AFT. If I don't die instantly or lose a wing, loosing all my fuel seems to be the go to damage result from a AAA hit every time. 🤔

AAA FuelFlow .trk

Edited by swartbyron

2 hours ago, swartbyron said:

Hi Guys

This is not yet a bug report, I'm just trying to find out how many others are experiencing this?

Since a few patches back I'm finding that almost every time I take a hit from AAA I lose all my fuel with in 60 seconds. FWD goes first and then AFT. If I don't die instantly or lose a wing, loosing all my fuel seems to be the go to damage result from a AAA hit every time. 🤔

AAA FuelFlow .trk 376.52 kB · 2 downloads

Yep, can confirm. The three damage states in the DCS F-16C is dead, severe fuel leak or unscathed. I'm pretty sure this is a known issue to ED.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

• ED Team

I will add here also -

The viper is likely to take a fuel leak when damaged due to the positioning of the fuel tanks.

Hitting the front part of the fuselage creates leakage in F1 fuel tank, centre part - F2 and FWD tanks, aft part - A1 and AFT tanks. Hitting the wing adds leakage to wing tank.

Wing tank damage will mean a higher rate of fuel loss, partial damage to fuselage will be a reduced leak, however if a component is totally destroyed leaks will be significant. 

If you have public information about fuel tanks and fuel leaks on our viper that you may think is relevant feel free to PM me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Full burner, emergency jettison, pitch up and turn for home.  See if you can get to FL400 before your tanks are dry and then glide to a dead-stick landing on the EPU.  Quite a fun challenge I think.  You can get 50-80nm if you are lucky (and with a following wind).  Or at least get yourself the right side of FLOT before ejecting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

I will add here also -

The viper is likely to take a fuel leak when damaged due to the positioning of the fuel tanks.

If you have public information about fuel tanks and fuel leaks on our viper that you may think is relevant feel free to PM me. 

Is the current state of the Viper damage modelling final?

• Like 1

Thanks for the replys guys. 😊

I would imagine punctured and damaged fuel tanks and lines to be extremely likely when taking AAA rounds.

To me the fuel loss just seems extremely fast for a few holes?  Losing all 7100Lbs in 1:40 seconds every time seems a bit extreme if you still have both your wings and tail on. 🤔

If this is feasibly true to real life Ill happily accept it but if not I hope it gets adjusted soon. 🤞

Edited by swartbyron
  • Like 1

• ED Team
59 minutes ago, Linx said:

Is the current state of the Viper damage modelling final?

We still have some failures to complete, on the todo list. 

• Like 2