Mission 14( Odessa). L-39 does not attack

Good day.
Could anyone give me a hint please?

Ship was destroyed.
Reported that Mi-8 picks up survivors
One L-39 flew next to me and did not shoot.
I followed Mi-8 (looks like it was mistake).
L-39 never reappear.
Exited the mission and saw that there were two L-39 but one of them crashed by itself at the beginning.

Question - one of L-39 crashed at the beginning  - is it designed? Is it feature or a glitch?
I assume two of them should come but because only one of them passed me and flew away - trigger did not fire.

Curious  before I try again - if one of L-39 suppose to crash?
Because maybe if next time only one will come - maybe it means "Exit and try again...."

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

If the player and Six-Pack get up high (like >17k) after destroying the ship, the two fixed-wing bandits RTB without attacking. Similar outcome if player extends out 15nm and monitors with TGP, the L39s approached and then turned away... possibly because the two vipers were there. If the player watches the rotor-wing bandit until joker, the score is 50 despite destroying the target, following ROE, and surviving. Staying below the cloud base and close to the helicopter, the story plays out as I believe it's intended.
DCS 2.9.2.49629 Open Beta MT

edit: disregard, it seems the trigger zone is just very tight around the helicopter / ship, so basically you have to stay immediately overhead.

Edited by Pyrocumulous
edit

Pimax Crystal, Asus ProArt X670E-Creator, Ryzen 7950X3D, 64gb DDR5, RTX 4090 FE, Magic Trackpad 3, Warthog HOTAS, Warthog Throttle and TPR pedals.