Bomb release binding keeps reverting to old bind

Nealius

Using a TM Warthog. I initially had bomb release mapped to castle switch depress, but that was frequently leading to accidental release because I had zoom mapped to modifyer+depress. So I very specifically mapped it to castle switch left in the CW Spit. Flew my mission, dropped bombs okay. 

Then when hopping into the standard Spit, I go to release bombs and nothing happens. I look through the controls list and find that it is still castle switch depress instead of castle switch left. So I rebound it, flew my mission, dropped bombs fine.

All good. Or so I thought.

Some months later I come back to the standard Spit, go through my controls listing to double-check bindings, and bomb release is set to castle switch left as it should be

Then the next day I hop in the standard Spit again, go to drop bombs, nothing happens. Check bindings and it's been reverted to depress again

Due to the intermittent and random nature of when it reverts I cannot reproduce on-command, but it does happen nonetheless. 

Seems to be the same problem as with the Mustang. We have separate profile files for the two versions under \Saved Games, but we cannot the select version in Options/Controls.
For the P-47D we have version-specific categories for the D-30 and D-40. Hopefully ED will introduce that solution for the Spit and Mustang as well.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

We used to have separate binding selections a looooooooooong time ago. It seems something got borked when they were merged, causing these intermittent issues. ED can't seem to reproduce, but I also don't think they are changing keybinds around and flying different variants as frequently as we are. Quite a few other users have reported similar controls issues with the Spit and, like you said, the Mustang as well.

• Like 1