Cant enter laser code in DED

CH4Pz
Go to solution Solved by QuiGon,

After the latest open beta update, i cant enter my laser/tgp code via list button on the DED, when i put the code that is in my kneeboard, it just goes back to "0". Tried entering with ground power before starting, and how i normally do it, during start up procedure (also in the air after my first gbu's missed). As result GBU's dont track to target

• ED Team

Hi, I will test but please include a track replay example so we can see if its something specific in your case. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

5 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, I will test but please include a track replay example so we can see if its something specific in your case. 

thanks

Ive saved the track, but says its too large to link if i use the "choose files" part below? ive never uploaded a track before, is there a separate button im missing?

• Solution
15 minutes ago, CH4Pz said:

After the latest open beta update, i cant enter my laser/tgp code via list button on the DED, when i put the code that is in my kneeboard, it just goes back to "0". Tried entering with ground power before starting, and how i normally do it, during start up procedure (also in the air after my first gbu's missed). As result GBU's dont track to target

Make sure the TGP is ready to use before entering the laser code. I think entering the laser code does not work if the TGP is still off or still booting up.

1 minute ago, CH4Pz said:

Ive saved the track, but says its too large to link if i use the "choose files" part below? ive never uploaded a track before, is there a separate button im missing?

If the file is too large you will have to use a third party file hoster. Or create a new, shorter track file.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team

If you can reproduce in a mission with just the aircraft and nothing else, it will make the track small enough and short enough for testing with. Or use a cloud link like google drive.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

10 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

Make sure the TGP is ready to use before entering the laser code. I think entering the laser code does not work if the TGP is still off or still booting up.

If the file is too large you will have to use a third party file hoster. Or create a new, shorter track file.

I think QuiGon may have solved it, i timed out the pod on the ground and they went in. Not sure why didnt enter in the air that time, or why ive not encountered it before?? 

Here is the track file, if you still wanted to look, but this was with the pod on, but not yet timed

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k1U0OgRD9BGu8rzA-ZpjWuWqr3WJrB2G/view?usp=sharing

Cheers for the help lads 😉