Dust/foreign object filters

ollk22

I was just wondering if there is any plans to model this system? I haven't noticed any change in power available on or off, and must assume in real life there must be operating limitations placed on the ability to lift/hover etc....

Also any plans to allow for problems if run in dust for prolonged periods without activating the dust extraction system?

I can only see changes at the EGT gauges.

Anyway I'll continue to turn them on as if they where functional and as if I was I wanted to conserve my engine blades and turning they off (when not needed) as if they where consuming a bit of my engine power.

54 minutes ago, ollk22 said:

Also any plans to allow for problems if run in dust for prolonged periods without activating the dust extraction system?

It would be cool if there was a cumulative damage, and could be shared to the MP servers. People would have to take it serious on those CSAR pickups on RotorHeads server. 😌

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Quati said:

I can only see changes at the EGT gauges.

Anyway I'll continue to turn them on as if they where functional and as if I was I wanted to conserve my engine blades and turning they off (when not needed) as if they where consuming a bit of my engine power.

It would be cool if there was a cumulative damage, and could be shared to the MP servers. People would have to take it serious on those CSAR pickups on RotorHeads server. 😌

I'm curious about that potential myself. I noticed in the Mission Editor there was something in the helicopter settings (same place you set IR suppressors, or other extra options on the Mi-8) that said something about Engine Health I believe it was. Would be cool to see that be something you could have be tracked and carryover. 

11 hours ago, ollk22 said:

I was just wondering if there is any plans to model this system? I haven't noticed any change in power available on or off, and must assume in real life there must be operating limitations placed on the ability to lift/hover etc....

I have noticed that they seem fully functional. 

When turning them off, I have noticeable increase in rotor RPM as long as my rotors are under the default 95% governed held RPM(otherwise if RPM was over 95% governed would cut fuel to engine to maintain 95%).

Sometimes when I have low RPM warning, turning off dust filter is enough to put it back into safe zone.

IRL they are suppossed to sap 100 HP from each engine, or about 4.5% power. They also should have about a 4% decrease in fuel efficiency, and require decrease of 200 kg from MTOW to maintain same performance. I can’t speak for fuel efficiency, but with MTOW and power I’ve noticed the difference.

I know dust related engine fire is operable for Mi-8 and Kamov, but not sure about 24, I would assume so since engines are same as Kamov and have icing damage just like Kamov, but can’t say for sure 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

7 hours ago, AeriaGloria said:

I have noticed that they seem fully functional. 

When turning them off, I have noticeable increase in rotor RPM as long as my rotors are under the default 95% governed held RPM(otherwise if RPM was over 95% governed would cut fuel to engine to maintain 95%).

Sometimes when I have low RPM warning, turning off dust filter is enough to put it back into safe zone.

IRL they are suppossed to sap 100 HP from each engine, or about 4.5% power. They also should have about a 4% decrease in fuel efficiency, and require decrease of 200 kg from MTOW to maintain same performance. I can’t speak for fuel efficiency, but with MTOW and power I’ve noticed the difference.

I know dust related engine fire is operable for Mi-8 and Kamov, but not sure about 24, I would assume so since engines are same as Kamov and have icing damage just like Kamov, but can’t say for sure 

Thanks for the clarification 🙂