I would like to see the marriage of VRNeckSafer and TrackIR

RackMonkey

Or at the very least somebody should find and beg the person who can fix and update it to come forward.

My wish list has a marriage of VRNeckSafer and TrackIR. Think about it. VRNeckSafer already knows how to track your head movement within the VR environment. TrackIR knows how to move your view smoothly to where you want to look with an adjustment for how much of a ratio you want to move your view. You would no longer need the IR camera and reflectors/LED's for tracking. And instead of "snaping" your view around like VRNeckSafer, the "new" program would smoothly move your view around the way TrackIR does now and the amount of rotation would have a multiplier so that a 45 degree move left would actually leave you looking 90 degrees left. This would be adjustable the way TrackIR is now.

This is an App I would pay a C note for as long as it was kept updated to work with either the DCS, Steam, Windows or where ever it would do it's magic. I cant' really see a need to "improve" it, so updating is all that would be needed on an ongoing bases.

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

31st TFW, 14th MAS, 9th ARS

What @RackMonkeyis asking for is non-proportional movement of a head like in TIR but applied to VR head movement, Norbert the creator of VRNeckSafer has said that that kind of movement in VR creates nausea, which is why VRNS has the snap movment.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

39 minutes ago, unlikely_spider said:

I'm not sure I understand - VR headsets need cameras or IR transmitters to know their orientation, just like trackIR does.

They do but they are already built into the headset. There is no limit as to how far left or right your movement is able to be tracked. No more camera on the top of the monitor with a limit of how far the camera can see the LED's or reflectors.

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

40 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

What @RackMonkeyis asking for is non-proportional movement of a head like in TIR but applied to VR head movement, Norbert the creator of VRNeckSafer has said that that kind of movement in VR creates nausea, which is why VRNS has the snap movment.

There will always be people who get sick. Can't help that. Just means they don't use the program I would like to see produced. Right now I can't use VRNeckSafer because it always puts me 5ft above the cockpit. I've tried every "fix" I could find and I'm not the only one with the same problem. It did work so I conclude that VRNeckSafer needs an update to properly register the pilots eye position with the updates that have come out since VRNS last work for me.

Edited by RackMonkey

23 hours ago, RackMonkey said:

There will always be people who get sick. Can't help that. Just means they don't use the program I would like to see produced. Right now I can't use VRNeckSafer because it always puts me 5ft above the cockpit. I've tried every "fix" I could find and I'm not the only one with the same problem. It did work so I conclude that VRNeckSafer needs an update to properly register the pilots eye position with the updates that have come out since VRNS last work for me.

I assume you have mapped the VRNS re centre to the same binding/button as your DCS re centre?  That fixed the problem for me. 

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/7/2022 at 8:20 AM, RackMonkey said:

I have the same issue, G2 on Windows 10 and it was working for me at one point, but doesn't anymore which is a real bummer as I loved it when it was working and have tried everything under the sun to get it working again, but no bueno.  I would gladly pay for something that did this as well...

Not me, I love my 1:1 tracking and will never run mods. But I only do SP.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

14 hours ago, dburne said:

Not me, I love my 1:1 tracking and will never run mods. But I only do SP.

That's fine for you, but I'm 64 and can't twist the way I used to. Add that to the limited FOV that you have in an HMD and I can barely get past 90Deg. Not a good situation in a dog fight and definitely not realistic. 
I really love the guys that say mods take away from the immersion factor with out taking into account the limitations that VR imposes.  

Edited by RackMonkey

19 minutes ago, RackMonkey said:

That's fine for you, but I'm 64 and can't twist the way I used to. Add that to the limited FOV that you have in an HMD and I can barely get past 90Deg. Not a good situation in a dog fight and definitely not realistic. 
I really love the guys that say mods take away from the immersion factor with out taking into account the limitations that VR imposes.  

Actually I am retired, disabled,  and dealing currently with some serious pain in upper shoulder and neck due to a bulging disc in my spine . Plus not in greatest of health. I just prefer the 1:1 tracking still and not running any mods. Just a personal thing for me. But again I only do SP. If I did MP I might be different on that.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|