How do I use the AGM-65D with Saitek Pro Flight HOTAS?

Hello,

I have the A-10C II and am trying to use the AGM-65D. I have looked at tutorials on you tube. I have no idea about what they are talking about. they talk about China hats, Coolie switches, JHMCS DMS, TGP all these things that I have never heard of.

The Throttle and stick that I have is the Saitek Pro Flight

Is there a reference source that I can go to that will explain how to best set up my HOTAS and describe what these terms mean?

Once I understand these terms, and what they do, I think that I can begin to move forward.

Thanks

5 minutes ago, Frapeforte said:

Hello,

I have the A-10C II and am trying to use the AGM-65D. I have looked at tutorials on you tube. I have no idea about what they are talking about. they talk about China hats, Coolie switches, JHMCS DMS, TGP all these things that I have never heard of.

Is there a reference source that I can go to that will explain how to best set up my HOTAS and describe what these terms mean?

Once I understand these terms, and what they do, I think that I can begin to move forward.

Thanks

If I am reading you correctly, you are looking for this profile:
Logitech X56 Profile and Control Options/Key Binds .lau files by PoppaCapnurass (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

Some users have the ThrustMaster Warthog setup as I do. I'm not sure which came first, but it looks like the TMWH was designed for the A-10 in DCS or vice/versa. 
I hope this helps! 

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2022 at 11:15 PM, Frapeforte said:

Hello,

Thanks

No pun intended, but have you ever tried to open the aircraft manual? I don't think you will understand those anocryms any better just by implementing this profile...

On 2/7/2022 at 11:26 PM, Jackjack171 said:

If I am reading you correctly, you are looking for this profile:
Logitech X56 Profile and Control Options/Key Binds .lau files by PoppaCapnurass (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

Some users have the ThrustMaster Warthog setup as I do. I'm not sure which came first, but it looks like the TMWH was designed for the A-10 in DCS or vice/versa. 
I hope this helps! 

Well, the Saitek Pro Flight is not the X56 !!! And there is only ONE way to go any further. Become familiar with all the abbreviations 🧐

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

2 minutes ago, ex81 said:

Well, the Saitek Pro Flight is not the X56 !!! And there is only ONE way to go any further. Become familiar with all the abbreviations 🧐

Excuse me?
If you have the correct information, then display that! Don't come off as a petulant child bro! The "get familiar with abbreviations" bit you could have left out, brother! 
I could have been like you and told him to get a new Hotas, but I was attempting to help him, unlike yourself! 

Thanks for nothing!

2 hours ago, ex81 said:

Why the fuss? I just wanted to correct

Correcting I'm fine with mate! It was the whole "get familiar with abbreviations" part! I looked up the X56 to help out another mate in order to point him in the right direction. You did not!

If you meant nothing, then I apologize! But if you did...
Next time offer a solution instead of a snarky answer! 
Then again, that's why I said, "excuse me"! There may be a language barrier!

Edited by Jackjack171
  • Like 1

On 2/7/2022 at 11:15 PM, Frapeforte said:

As was suggested before, the DCS manual does describe all these buttons and switches in some detail. There are images of the A-10C stick and throttle with all of the buttons named, and then a couple of tables detailing what all of them do in which context.

The in-game HOTAS tutorial does a decent job of going over them in the cockpit and explaining some of the details so you can get acquainted with the HOTAS.

They don't call DCS a study sim for its stunning looks. 😄

This forum has a whole section for Saitek, I'm sure you'll find a suitable profile there: https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/335-saitek/

There's also a whole section with tutorials for beginners: https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/349-dcs-a-10c-warthog-tutorials/

But I strongly believe there's no way around learning the systems, which takes time and effort. With the A-10C being a slightly complicated aircraft at first glance, I think you'll do yourself a favor if you start with the basics, like basic flight, a bit of navigation, and then landing. Trying to hop into the cockpit and rifling off a couple of Mavericks is probably not going to work too well. And if you ask any question about it, be prepared for TMS this, DMS that and China Hat something, because that's simply the way it works in the A-10C. :smartass:

5 hours ago, Jackjack171 said:

If you have the correct information, then display that!

I'm not sure which HOTAS OP has exactly, but it didn't sound like the X56. Pointing OP to one very specific profile without much explanation or further help, dunno, I think it wouldn't have helped me much when I was new to DCS, especially if the profile is for different hardware.

5 hours ago, Jackjack171 said:

The "get familiar with abbreviations" bit you could have left out, brother!

Since you didn't even talk about abbreviations, I think he might have referred to the OP? Would have been smarter of him to quote OP instead of you in that case, but for someone demanding respect, it probably wouldn't hurt you to show just as much of it to others.

5 minutes ago, Yurgon said:

As was suggested before, the DCS manual does describe all these buttons and switches in some detail. There are images of the A-10C stick and throttle with all of the buttons named, and then a couple of tables detailing what all of them do in which context.

The in-game HOTAS tutorial does a decent job of going over them in the cockpit and explaining some of the details so you can get acquainted with the HOTAS.

They don't call DCS a study sim for its stunning looks. 😄

This forum has a whole section for Saitek, I'm sure you'll find a suitable profile there: https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/335-saitek/

There's also a whole section with tutorials for beginners: https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/349-dcs-a-10c-warthog-tutorials/

But I strongly believe there's no way around learning the systems, which takes time and effort. With the A-10C being a slightly complicated aircraft at first glance, I think you'll do yourself a favor if you start with the basics, like basic flight, a bit of navigation, and then landing. Trying to hop into the cockpit and rifling off a couple of Mavericks is probably not going to work too well. And if you ask any question about it, be prepared for TMS this, DMS that and China Hat something, because that's simply the way it works in the A-10C. :smartass:

I'm not sure which HOTAS OP has exactly, but it didn't sound like the X56. Pointing OP to one very specific profile without much explanation or further help, dunno, I think it wouldn't have helped me much when I was new to DCS, especially if the profile is for different hardware.

Since you didn't even talk about abbreviations, I think he might have referred to the OP? Would have been smarter of him to quote OP instead of you in that case, but for someone demanding respect, it probably wouldn't hurt you to show just as much of it to others.

Yes, he should have clarified, but I didn't demand anything except that if you want to be negative of someone, have a solution and not snarky comments. I can take a hit! But what I will not stand for is a smart ass without cause! Especially when I was trying to help!  This is a context issue and I'm dropping it after this.

My point being, I tried to help and failed! If the person I responded to wanted to offer help or correct me, that would have been the end of it! If you'd read my response, I'd already apologized to him if I took something the wrong way! Nuff said!

Sorry. shame on me. Must have been in a bad mood.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

18 hours ago, Jackjack171 said:

Excuse me?
If you have the correct information, then display that! Don't come off as a petulant child bro! The "get familiar with abbreviations" bit you could have left out, brother! 
I could have been like you and told him to get a new Hotas, but I was attempting to help him, unlike yourself! 

Thanks for nothing!

I see ex81 quoted you in his answer, but if you put it in context with the OP, it's quite clear that it was not you, who was not very familiar with the acronyms. Just as I reflected on it right before ex81's post.