Fiat / Aeritalia G.91Y Yankee

I´m happy to announce the Fiat / Aeritalia G.91Y!

The mod is still work in progress, so no release date is known.

We will let you know if we know a release date.

The mod still needs a lot of work.

Mod is based on FC3, so no clickable Cockpit.

CREDITS

Original 3D Model (Cockpit & Aircraft) Enrico Gennari

Modellierung, Animationen for DCS - cdpkobra

VSN_G.91Y Mod - cdpkobra

RoughMet & Normal Map Dateien - Soulfreak

psd template - Enrico Gennari, Urbi & Soulfreak

Regarding the work that still needs to be done, we could need some helping hands.

We need someone for:

- a good flight model (EFM)

- a nice (highrez) repaint of the cockpit

- adding some weapons

If someone is willing to help, please contact me.

Cheers,

Carlo "Soulfreak" Vecchi

Edited by CarloVecchi
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 4

• 3 weeks later...

I´m from Portugal and grew up seeing them above my childhood house. Almost everyday, i lived close to an AFB.

This mod bring me back good memories hope later on someone do a Portuguese air force liverie 🙂

Keep up, looks outstanding!

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb fagulha:

I´m from Portugal and grew up seeing them above my childhood house. Almost everyday, i lived close to an AFB.

This mod bring me back good memories hope later on someone do a Portuguese air force liverie 🙂

Keep up, looks outstanding!

But that won´t be Yankees. Only the AMI had the Y version in service.

There for you have to wait for the Indiafoxtecho Ginas.  😉

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CarloVecchi said:

But that won´t be Yankees. Only the AMI had the Y version in service.

There for you have to wait for the Indiafoxtecho Ginas.  😉

Yup, but either the way i´m happy to see this aircraft, both mod and module, again and in DCS :)

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 6 months later...
On 9/27/2022 at 1:54 PM, cdpkobra said:

VSN_G91Y Mod

The avionics is FC3 and A-10A
With the CMD files you can select the flight model SFM or EFM.

VSN Mod Download

Thanks, will give it a try 👍 In the meantime, let me thank you so much for the F-100 ... wonderful Mod:

RGiacJd.jpg

Your lineup of century fighters is nothing short of amazing:

qeDVM9E.jpg

Any chance we could see a Voodoo and a delta Dagger in the future? 🙏

Cheers and thanks again 🙂

Eduardo

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

14 hours ago, Zukov said:

Sorry for the question, is the G91 flyable? how to use the CMD files? Thanks to anyone can reply and help.

seems at the moment it works only as SFM…you need to activate it by clicking on the cmd file in the module folder - also modify the entry.lua file this way:

--make_flyable('VSN_G91Y', current_mod_path..'/Cockpit/A10A/', G91Y, current_mod_path..'/comm.lua')

make_flyable('VSN_G91Y',current_mod_path..'/Cockpit/A10A/',{nil, old =17}, current_mod_path..'/comm.lua')--SFM

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Zukov said:

Sorry for the question, is the G91 flyable? 

For me, it only works as AI unit:

Vg395Hx.jpg

I can enter the cockpit, but the aircraft seems frozen, headtracking doesnt work and the View keys dont work either  😞

mVm0VSj.jpg

Hopefully it will be updated and fixed.

• Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

2 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

For me, it only works as AI unit:

Vg395Hx.jpg

I can enter the cockpit, but the aircraft seems frozen, headtracking doesnt work and the View keys dont work either  😞

mVm0VSj.jpg

Hopefully it will be updated and fixed.

It’s because you have it set a EFM. Run the SFM cmd file, and modify the entry.lua as I explained before. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Fab8ball said:

It’s because you have it set a EFM. Run the SFM cmd file, and modify the entry.lua as I explained before. 

I used your instructions, SFM.cmd and modification of entry.lua. Disabled all other user mods, repaired DCS and still can not enter the G91Y cockpit  😞   

I'm attaching my entry.lua and dcs.log in case you can spot something that I may have missed.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Edit: New Mod version fixed this issue for me 🙂

entry.lua dcs.log

Edited by Rudel_chw
Issue fixed.