Faux 'Recording' status in TADS/Weapons Symbology

AvroLanc

It would be nice if we could trigger a 'RECORDING' indication in the Sight Status readout on the TADS/Weapons symbology format.

This 'RECORDING' is always seen in real life TADS videos and indicates that the VCR system is recording the engagement. Even if it doesn't actually record anything, it would add a lot to authenticity when comparing to real TADS tapes.

The VCR is started and stopped by the 'Record' button on the left TEDAC grip and could act as a simple on/off for the message. 

A current precedent is set for example with the camera  film length indicator on the Mosquito, when runs as you fire. Pointless but adds to immersion. Same true here. Unless of course ED could implement actual recording and playback using the VCR feature. That would be amazing.

Having said that, maybe it's already in? 

tads recording.png

Edited by AvroLanc
  • Like 4

Some aircraft actually do have recorders for their gunsights that can be set to play in tracks, perhaps they could do something similar. The F-5E-3, L-39 and MiG-15bis at least have this.

Though it really would be good if we could export the recording.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

2 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

Some aircraft actually do have recorders for their gunsights that can be set to play in tracks, perhaps they could do something similar. The F-5E-3, L-39 and MiG-15bis at least have this.

Though it really would be good if we could export the recording.

Yeah, I've always found those mini-gunsight playbacks to be a bit gimmicky. But having the recording message would be important.

If we could export that would be nice, or just save for later post-game playback. Ideal solution would be to record and actually playback the footage on the VID MFD 'in-game' in real time, as in the real thing. I imagine that's technically challenging though. I'm happy with the message for now.

• Like 1