Udaloy 2 Destroyer mod

Hello,

due to the lack of russian destroyers I created a mod for the udaloy 2 class.

Here the download link for the Mod including some great improvements by Urbi :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qcb4UyVqmrmuNcKkkKLPTudMCdyDKTYz/view?usp=sharing

this is the new Version including the lod Files Liveries from Urbi, a fitted Collsion Model, and the basic Weapond Systems. (Thre are still issues with the Animation of the Kashtan)

Installation:

Extract the .rar in: saved Games/DCS

For anyone who wants to customize or improve the mod you can find my Blender project at the following link: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tAngOloWJgeIqK712aDbBOKi9x3cW5ep/view?usp=sharing

all Assets are free to use also in other Projects.

Thanks to all who have contributed.

Have Fun !

UDALOY 1.png

Udaloy 3.png

Edited by ak47freak
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 10

Confirm, no textures. DCS 2.7.10.19473 Open Beta hotfix 

CPU: i7 12700K 5.0 Ghz - MB: Asus Prime Z-690P - Cooler cpu: MSI MAG CORELIQUID 360R V2 - RAM: XPG Lancer RGB 64 Gb 6000 - GPU: ASUS Rog Strix Gaming RTX 4080 16G - SSD M2 PCi4: 1x XPG Gamming S70 1 TB -  1x MSI Spatium M480 2 TB - 1x Crucial P3 Plus 4 TB - Power: CORSAIR HX1000i - Case: COOLER MASTER H500 ARGBP - Hotas Warthog (FLC+THR)-  - TM MFD Coguar - Honeycomb Alfa Flight Controller - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - Virpil TCS Plus base+ SharKa-50 Collective Grip - Virpil Mongoost T-50 CM3 Throttle - Virpil Sharka-50 CP3 -  Virpil Alpha Constellation Alpha + Moongose T-50 CM3 base - Virpil ACE Collection Pedals -Track IR5 - Oculus Rift S -  HP Reverb G2 V2 - Monitor MSI Optix MAG322CQR WQHD 165 Hz - Windows 10 Pro - DCS: All Modules & Terrains

Thanks for the feedback. 

It looks like the normalmap and the specularmap are loaded and only the main texture File is loaded not correctly. I think it's because I named the textures generically as texture.dds and it causes problems in DCS with other modules. I have now renamed the textures a bit more specific and renewed the download link. For me it runs fine with version 2.7.10.19473, so unfortunately I can't reproduce the error and cant Test it. If the problem still occurs please report.

13 minutes ago, Marroux said:

Hi,

For me, Only the textures of the auxiliary boards seem to be missing... version 2.7.10.19473.

Udaloy.png

the link no longer works...

That's the way it's meant to be. Sometimes the Russians put the dinghies under a protective cover So I thought I'd leave it that way. The Link should work now I think you tried it in the Time i changed the Files:)

16 minutes ago, flanker1 said:

what a beauty, thanks a lot! please give us some more of this soviet/russian hardware stuff. . . 

Later i want to make a Sovremenny. But for now i am working on the Henry J. Kaiser-Class and the German Sachsen Class

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That's a nice model ak47Freak!

Regarding the weapons. You have to play with DCS Russian missile scripts. Not all weapons will work as they should. Some will and some won't.

I found another Kaiser Class as well. Much better than the last one i released. Let me know if you need assistance with anything!!

Edited by Admiral189
  • Like 6

With the new link the texture now works. Thank you

CPU: i7 12700K 5.0 Ghz - MB: Asus Prime Z-690P - Cooler cpu: MSI MAG CORELIQUID 360R V2 - RAM: XPG Lancer RGB 64 Gb 6000 - GPU: ASUS Rog Strix Gaming RTX 4080 16G - SSD M2 PCi4: 1x XPG Gamming S70 1 TB -  1x MSI Spatium M480 2 TB - 1x Crucial P3 Plus 4 TB - Power: CORSAIR HX1000i - Case: COOLER MASTER H500 ARGBP - Hotas Warthog (FLC+THR)-  - TM MFD Coguar - Honeycomb Alfa Flight Controller - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - Virpil TCS Plus base+ SharKa-50 Collective Grip - Virpil Mongoost T-50 CM3 Throttle - Virpil Sharka-50 CP3 -  Virpil Alpha Constellation Alpha + Moongose T-50 CM3 base - Virpil ACE Collection Pedals -Track IR5 - Oculus Rift S -  HP Reverb G2 V2 - Monitor MSI Optix MAG322CQR WQHD 165 Hz - Windows 10 Pro - DCS: All Modules & Terrains

Thanks a lot, I love the fine detail of this model:

PbhpGF5.jpg

TENsPh8.jpg

But I find the dark grey of the ship a bit too dark, I increased my Gamma to 2.0 but it is still much too dark. Any chance of a livery with a grey more similar to the other soviet ships of DCS?

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

@ak47freak Really nice mod. This bridges the long standing need for more Russian ships in DCS.

@Rudel_chw i just tried adjusting the curves/ darkness of the texture and got a lighter texture (hope you dont mind @ak47freak) - i dont think its the right way to do it and the experts can make better liveries, neverthless i do think the Udaloy class has a darker texture than other ships.

Screen_220209_212757-01.jpeg

Edited by Arrow11
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Arrow11 said:

just tried adjusting the curves/ darkness of the texture and got a lighter texture

My artistic ability is close to zero .. please, can you share the file that you edited? 🙏

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I have come across many ship mods, but most of them had faulty damage models or just saw no followup what-so-ever. I sincerely hope this is different. Thanks for your kind work.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Hi, 

it has a Collision Model but only above the Waterline. In the next days i will extend it to the underwater part. About the damage model. A simple damage model is implemented, which is based on the collision model. Maybe I will extend it.

• Like 2

I understand it is your labor of love and it is done for free and I should not make any demand.

However, I have come across too many mods, especially ships which were non-detectable, had no collision, non-destructable, wrong scale, or mostly abandoned. This is very distressing.

Thank you and keep up the good work.

• Like 2

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Hello folks,

there is certainly a lot to improve. I'm not an expert and have a lot of private stuff to do in the next weeks. But as I see there are many good ideas and Kow How in the community. So I think it's best if I share my base project. Then everyone has access to the base model and can implement their ideas. You can find the link in the original post. 

• Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 9:45 PM, Admiral189 said:

That's a nice model ak47Freak!

Regarding the weapons. You have to play with DCS Russian missile scripts. Not all weapons will work as they should. Some will and some won't.

I found another Kaiser Class as well. Much better than the last one i released. Let me know if you need assistance with anything!!

Hello Admiral 

Thanks for the answer. Your work has inspired me to start modding. If you make a Kaiser Class, I will first concentrate on the Sachsen Class. But I think that will take a while. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Urbi said:

I once tried to improve the textures and take a roughmet instead of the spec. Add assigned names of Udaloy and Russian logo. So you have 3 in this class. Extract the contents of the zip into the Udaloy folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mncas67739t1k42/Udaloy II DDG Admiral Chabanenko.zip?dl=0

Udaloy II.jpg

The main texture is neutral. So the 650 is among the liveries. The 626 was lighter in color.

Hello Urbi,

very nice work. This is a great improvement for the model. Thank you. I have added your download link to the main post.