DCS: Eurofighter Mini-Update - The New Office

Cobra847

On 2/8/2022 at 12:16 PM, Germane said:

It looks fantastic! I am convinced you will set a new standard.  Thanks for the update. I have one question. You write about a mix of photogrammetry and more traditional measurement. Do the traditional measurements have an advantage over photogrammetry?

My guess is they compliment each other.  A few hard actual measurement numbers, coupled with the grammetry to get the color and shape of everything else... magic + effort = superior product.

Just as Brun said!

But yea, I think the actual physical measurement is to make sure that the end product isn't say 23% too large or too small... because inevitably this will make the VR users upset to get it wrong "it's too claustrophobic in this tiny coffin!" or "geez I can't even look behind me because I have to move my head too far!". Getting the scale accurate might not have been important in 1998, but in 2022 it's really important these days. We have become increasingly demanding in our expectations, and fortunately for us, developer teams are rising to the challenge

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

When the eurofighter is finally available, can we fly it in the south Atlantic map?

You can fly every aircraft on every map.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 2 weeks later...

The detail is amazing, guessing this is going to be Tranche 1 Typhoon then? Though the switches on the Right hand side look like Tranche 3 upgraded? Can you tell us which one you'll be releasing and will it be A-A only or both A-A and A-G? thanks

13 hours ago, Coollimes said:

The detail is amazing, guessing this is going to be Tranche 1 Typhoon then? Though the switches on the Right hand side look like Tranche 3 upgraded? Can you tell us which one you'll be releasing and will it be A-A only or both A-A and A-G? thanks

• 11 months later...

Holy batman necro thread!

And here I thought there was a mini update on the EF. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Naughty boy @Tirola01

• Like 8

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

• 10 months later...

it's been silence for about a year now, is there any news ? 🤞

AMD 5800X3D, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360, Gigabyte Aourus RX 6900XT Xtreme Waterforce @ 2800MHz @55*Celcius, Gigabyte B550 Aourus Pro V2, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z-Neo DDR4 3600MHz, 2x1TB WD Black SN850, Oculus Quest Pro

YES!!! 

Yes there is hUge news for the Euro-Phoon !

Ty-Thousand? Tornado ECR v6.9 ? 

Heatblur said that once they "done" with the Phant-gun EF-4e, they will tell us "a lot more about Canard-Scooter!"!!! 

Ok, I'm probly paraphrasing a bit too much, but yea, as work in Phantoms slows down, the '2000 will start to really get rolling! Not sure about other projects HB announced, like the AI A-6E, Naval Phantom, A-6 full module, and... uh... I think there was rumor-talk of them having a rotor module some time in future?

Edited by Rick50

On 2/14/2024 at 12:25 AM, Snakey86 said:

(1:08:03)

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 2/13/2024 at 11:25 PM, Snakey86 said:

Dude, HB are currently in the build-up for releasing their phantom. They want to focus all media and hype on that. im reasonably confident that we'll get a phoon update soon after the phantom release has happened and the hype dies down.

• Like 2