FLIR AZ/EL subformat incorrect - missing snapshot

Hulkbust44

Currently the FLIR AZ/EL subformat is displaying the tactical area identical to the radar AZ/EL. This should not be the case. The main tactical area itself should be shorter at the bottom. This is due to the snapshot video window.

A 60 by 60 pixel snapshot video is displayed below the synthetic video. This snapshot window will display the current FLIR image for a selected target. If there is no TUC, then the L+S is displayed.

Between the synthetic video and snapshot video there are two data positions. The top position displays the rank of the trackfile that is being displayed. Star for L+S, diamond for DT2 etc. If the target does not have a correlated MSI trackfile a rectangle is displayed.
The bottom window displays the snapshot passive range in nm if valid. 

See A1-F18AC-FRM-000  012 01 Change 1 
Figure 1 (sheet 3)
Index numbers: 35, 36, 37, 38

This is as it is configured for an A+ model circa 2001. Our F/A-18C lot 20 certainly has all of these functions, I just don't have the specific data for it.
If absolutely needed, I've seen a cruise video with at least a glimpse of it, I'm certain the team has much better data than I.

• Like 2

• ED Team

Hi 

currently this is low priority, and maybe for later, we want to focus on the already planned features. 

For now I will move this to wish list. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The AzEl is correct as is. This stuff has to do with the FLIR page itself when the FLIR is in A/A TWS mode. The FLIR has a TWS mode, not implemented, separate from autotrack and regular pointed modes; basically a fake IRST. Much more pressing matter would be to integrate autotrack into MSI.

Edited by Jak525
  • Like 4