[WIP] Plane won't power up and won't start up engine

Aries101

Hello

I am not sure is this a bug, but it most certainly is an issue for me as I can't fly my plane. 

I wanted to took of on Syria map (Camp David) up north for an Sead sortie for fun and practise. So i sat in my jeff, press usual menue for taking jammer pod and 4 LD-10 as wel as usual 2 IR's on wing tips. After that was sorted, I removed covers and updated DTC, as I got distracted in home I just in case updated again as I forgot if I did it first time or not. SO I went and power on plane (Power and generator , usual 3 switches)  but plane was dead. TO make this clearer I di not spend any battery power nor touched switched before that. 

Now on 2nd try I did same thing but this time I took center 800l tank instead jammer pod and rest as before. I managed to startup power and Betty, lights. I tried then to power on engine , flicked pump and engine control, moved throtle from detemnt to idle. And after I pressed startup button it did not reacted nor did anything. That happened in a row. It is funny as I did not had that issue on caucasus map. I did not tried in solo game  to be honest.

Track and log are in attachment (i thop they will fit). (nope).

Track file is here:

https://easyupload.io/n6y3ih

Disclaimer: if you notice my beginner error somwhere, please do let me know as I love to fly jeff and would love to correct it.

Thank you

dcs.log

Edited by uboats

I had similar issue, MP, Caucasus. After flipping battery - no power. It happened some 3 or 4 times, and I can't remember exact loadouts, but I am sure some of them were A/A and some A/G. However, I just walked around that by connecting ground power - that solved the issue. I can't be really sure, though, if my problem wasn't on server's side.

I did removed ladder. When it was updated so we must o that i did messed up couple of times so I remebered to do it. I presumed that plane will start up with cable, but That does not solve issue. It is like moping dust under a rug and pretending nobody will see it. For me, I don't have much free time for gaming and when I do i don't wanna loose it on bugs and reloading.

THat particular server i was on did ude syria map and heavily loaded with stuff. So at that point it was still loading stuff occasionally I thing, as i notice that that stutter goes away afte some time. Maybe that lag created some problems, but I just can't poin't what happened.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2022 at 12:49 PM, Aries101 said:

had same issue today, quick loadup via standard menue and then power switches but power did not wanna go up. After quickly got into lobby then back to same slot, it worked again. So, aparently it does not happens always but only sometimes.

It has been like this since release, it is almost always first spawn in, second spawn in seems to always fix it

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

It's an MP specific bug. I see it quite often but it seems to be based upon server. Some servers do it very much more often than others.

If you fly in SP you won't encounter this issue.

Edited by Tiger-II

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

17 hours ago, Tiger-II said:

It's an MP specific bug. I see it quite often but it seems to be based upon server. Some servers do it very much more often than others.

On 2/24/2022 at 5:41 AM, Aries101 said:

As I said, gound power do not help, only respan sometimes. I presume it is minor bug and random one possibly.

On 2/22/2022 at 3:20 PM, Napillo said:

happens randomly, it's fine - I'm sure some pilots deal with this issue sometimes. IRL they would just ask to connect ground power and its all good.

On 2/19/2022 at 7:43 AM, AeriaGloria said:

It has been like this since release, it is almost always first spawn in, second spawn in seems to always fix it

Hi All,

May I know whether it's for BATT switch only or AC/DC switches failed as well?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

4 minutes ago, uboats said:

Hi All,

May I know whether it's for BATT switch only or AC/DC switches failed as well?

Just Battery. You can start the plane if you connect ground power when the bug occurs.

Edited by J20Stronk

18 minutes ago, J20Stronk said:

Just Battery. You can start the plane if you connect ground power when the bug occurs.

ok, if so, i think i find the issue.

will check with ED for some details.

Edited by uboats
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

21 hours ago, Tiger-II said:

On 2/24/2022 at 5:41 AM, Aries101 said:

As I said, gound power do not help, only respan sometimes. I presume it is minor bug and random one possibly.

On 2/22/2022 at 3:20 PM, Napillo said:

happens randomly, it's fine - I'm sure some pilots deal with this issue sometimes. IRL they would just ask to connect ground power and its all good.

On 2/19/2022 at 7:43 AM, AeriaGloria said:

4 hours ago, J20Stronk said:

For those missions with BATT switch issue, do you still remember the temperature of the world?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, uboats said:

For those missions with BATT switch issue, do you still remember the temperature of the world?

Unfortunetly no, but if it happens again, I will record it. As I remember it, despite flipping DC/AC switches I couldn’t make any lights come on

Edited by AeriaGloria
  • Like 2

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I must say I tend to neglect the temperature. I tried creating a mission the other day at STP and couldn't set the temperature less than +20.

Even connecting external power doesn't correct the issue.

Edited by Tiger-II

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

• uboats changed the title to [FIXED] Plane won't power up and won't start up engine
  • 2 weeks later...

Bug is still present, had it happen twice in MP since the latest patch and have had to ask for ground power.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

• uboats changed the title to [WIP] Plane won't power up and won't start up engine
  • 2 months later...
On 4/6/2022 at 11:31 PM, uboats said:

😞

Hi!!
Any news??
The problem persist...

EDITED

Sorry, I did not see the "WIP"

Edited by Colmillo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

Its not only the JF17, happens in Mirage, Viggen and F18 aswell. 

Only fix for me is to select a new aircraft in a different spawn point.

Edited by Falconeer

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

1 hour ago, Falconeer said:

Its not only the JF17, happens in Mirage and F18 aswell. 

Only fix for me is to select a new aircraft in a different spawn point.

did you see any report for mirage and f18 on their subforum?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

10 hours ago, uboats said:

did you see any report for mirage and f18 on their subforum?

I'm not sure, but i think there was a report in the Mirage subforum. But it was ages ago when i looked for this issue. I nowadays just select a different spawn and then it fixes it 95% of time

Seems more like a multiplayer desync or some sort. I have 64Gb RAM, so i doubt that's the problem

• Like 1

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat