Mission 1 - it must be me

I just started on the mission and I let Biff talk me through the start up. When we get to the radio tuning part, I set the frequency, 126.500 and turn knob to TR and even turn up volume but I don’t hear the radio check. Same for the other radio on 33.000. I double checked the frequencies and instructions in the message history.

I don’t hear either radio call, please point out the stupid thing I am forgetting. Yes I have my helmet on 😜

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

yes both APU and APU inverter were on. I double checked. And no I saw no text appear, after 10-20 seconds it said hit space to confirm radio check. I did although I did not hear or see anything. then the message came about asking IP for frequency through the F1- Other menu. I went to the radio but no F10

Edit: I just went through it again. so the inverter goes to standby not on correct. right before we start the APU and power on the APU Generator. i noticed when the radios did not work again that the APU Gen warning light is blinking.

On the radios, the are both set to MAN not AM or FM correct? I switched both to TR and entered the frequencies. I hear nothing.

Peter

Edited by DutchCoolHand

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

vor 32 Minuten schrieb FMBluecher:

Did you wait for the APU RPM to reach 100% before starting the APU Generator?

I have tested this.

If you press APU Generator before 100 % then APU Gen Warning is flashing as you described.

If reaches 100 % it goes normal

AMD Ryzen 3900xt 32 Gb DDR 4 NVIDIA RTX 4070ti

22 minutes ago, rforce said:

I have tested this.

If you press APU Generator before 100 % then APU Gen Warning is flashing as you described.

If reaches 100 % it goes normal

that is probably my mistake. I can't test it tonight as it is my anniversary and we are going out for dinner. But tomorrow I will

Yes that was it. Strange thing was that when I started the mission the first radio you use was not turned on and I could not hear Biff at all. Saw that right away and turned it on.

Edited by DutchCoolHand

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I'm having this same issue with BIFF right from the start. Can't seem to get any radio communication from them. I followed the start up commands as instructed, even started the APU and APU generator, plus VHF and FM radios after reading the instructions added in this post. I have my tracklog if anyone has time to look at it and see what I'm missing? New to the forums here and do not see a way to add the file to this post, only links, or images?

Much appreciated.

Sorry, it's internally fixed. We added radio presets that are now available to A-10C II, but didn't notice that it sets the one from ARC-210 radio so if you don't tune to 251 manually on the old one, it won't work. Only affects M01 AFAIK and the fix is super simple @PryingMantis - just tune the middle radio to 251 at mission start and you're good to go. Sorry for trouble!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png