Streamdeck Plugin with DCS BIOS beta

So the issue right now is the Configure window can only be opened once for a button until you deselect then reselect that button. So for now I added a "Beta limitation" message with a v1.1.4, as this will take a bit of refactoring for me to manage the websocket differently so it works correctly.

v1.1.4 - Changes:

• Disabled "Configure" button with Beta limitation message until button unselected and re-focused
  • Fixed the "Disable" checkbox setting not restoring on window reopen
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, ctytler said:

@Mordants I was able to test the PLT_FAN button and it works for me. One thing to note though... with your settings right now it will set the fan to ON while pressed, then OFF when released (You should see the cockpit switch moving with button press if so).

Check the box (Disable) for the Release to change this from a momentary to a latched button press. [Right now I only have momentary/held command available, switch is not yet added].

^ I've been able to recreate this now as well, will look into a fix.

Hi, thanks for the update. I think you may have missed my point slightly. The example of the fan button was to show that it works via the test web interface. My snag is that when selecting said DCS-Bios Button in the Stream Deck correctly set up the button does not work.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11,

Hi Mordants, do any other button commands work for you? The reason I asked was I tested the PLT_FAN one in the Streamdeck and thought it wasn't working at first when looking at the fan, but when looking at the left panel switch itself I would see it move on and off again with a press/release.

I'm curious if it's all commands or just one. Thanks

I have found that of late, I have to manually start DCS BIOS and enable of network, or the StreamDeck Interface does not work at all. Even with my Full F/A-18C profile, won't work, I just get exclamation marks unless I manually load the DCS BIOS program and reconfigure it every time after a restart of my main DCS Rig

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

I finally managed to get my Stream Deck to work with the DCS BIOS and the F-16 or M-2000 (I suppose the other DCS aircraft work too) but I still have a problem with the A4E-C. The communication works in the direction DCS ==> Streamdeck but not in the direction Streamdeck ==>DCS. 
Any ideas?

23 hours ago, ctytler said:

Hi Mordants, do any other button commands work for you? The reason I asked was I tested the PLT_FAN one in the Streamdeck and thought it wasn't working at first when looking at the fan, but when looking at the left panel switch itself I would see it move on and off again with a press/release.

I'm curious if it's all commands or just one. Thanks

Hello Charles, I tried a different switch see attached phots. Result for me was the same, switch did not operate. I'm not even sure the connection settings are correct either.

Taxi light switch 2.png

Taxi light switch 3.png

Taxi light switch.png

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11,

20 hours ago, Toni Carrera said:

I have found that of late, I have to manually start DCS BIOS and enable of network, or the StreamDeck Interface does not work at all. Even with my Full F/A-18C profile, won't work, I just get exclamation marks unless I manually load the DCS BIOS program and reconfigure it every time after a restart of my main DCS Rig

@Toni Carrera what do you mean when you say load the DCS BIOS program. Is this starting up the "DCS BIOS Hub" executable? Would you be able to confirm that it does not work before opening this and does work after opening? I may have to look into some DCS BIOS startup steps I'm missing.

17 hours ago, Chacal_IX said:

I finally managed to get my Stream Deck to work with the DCS BIOS and the F-16 or M-2000 (I suppose the other DCS aircraft work too) but I still have a problem with the A4E-C. The communication works in the direction DCS ==> Streamdeck but not in the direction Streamdeck ==>DCS. 
Any ideas?

@Chacal_IX could you check if you're able to command A4E-C from the DCS BIOS web interface? (As seen in Mordants March 5th post). When I last tried it, it doesn't seem the A4 was working with DCS BIOS, I think we'll need to reach out to the BIOS maintainers.

@ctytlerI can confirm, that on my PC at least, I have to start DCS BIOS and enable network access, to be able to use my StreamDeck XL and the whole Device ID & Command ID part of your great interface (no sarcasm intended I assure you, I love your interface)

image.png

Willing to try anything or test whatever you want, if it will be of help to you. I will try to respond quicker, I have just had a couple of manic days

Toni

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2022 at 4:15 PM, Icaro_07 said:

Hello i cant find a category for the Apache, will there a profile for it soon?

It should be available in the most recent version of DCS BIOS. If you haven’t updated the files lately re-download and update them in your Scripts/ folder. (If using the DCS-flightpanels fork version)

ctytler

what do you mean by "(If using the DCS-flightpanels fork version)"?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

ctytler

I am a little confused.  I checked and I seem to be running DCS-Bios 0.7.41.  Do I uninstall that version and install DCSFLIGHTPANELS DCS-BIOS? Can I run both?

Does your DCS streamdeck plugin work with either version?

Do I still use the ExportScripts folder with DCS-Bios 0.7.41?

Edited by sobe
  • Like 1

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

What is the advantage to using DCS-BIOS with the streamdeck?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...