Bränsleregl MAN at spawn?

TOViper

Hello!
Was the Bränsleregl switch set to MAN intentionally for spawning (no matter if cold or hot)?
I remember this switch usually to be found at setting AUT...

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• TOViper changed the title to Bränsleregl MAN at spawn?
  • 2 months later...

IMHO it is not that bad, since during a cold & dark cockpit preparation I usually set this switch to AUTO anyway.
Much more interesting is the question if this switch changes anything?

I remember times (must have been somewhere in 2017 or maybe 2018), when AUTO didn't provide enough fuel flow for correct performance, but MAN did.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Am 8.5.2022 um 23:08 schrieb TOViper:

I remember times (must have been somewhere in 2017 or maybe 2018), when AUTO didn't provide enough fuel flow for correct performance, but MAN did.

Yep, but now it doesn't seem to do anything, I've checked it many times at different altitudes and conditions and I don't remember that I saw any difference between MAN and AUT.

I still leave it in the AUT position for the entire flight.

Viggen GIF 2.gif

"If we don't end war, war will end us."  

H. G. Wells

In IRL i used BRÄNSLEREGL.MAN according to Engine Failure Checklist for restarting engine after Flame-Out. In pos MAN You bypasse Fuelcontrol and feed fuel directly from tank to engine.  In this configuration You have to handle thrust carefully not to get Engine Stall.

Conclusion: BRÄNSLEREGL shall be set to AUTO in normal flight condition and it is not correct configured in HB Viggen but still a BUG.

Why not end this discussion by fixing the BUG...??

Am 13.5.2022 um 16:04 schrieb Scandfox:

In IRL i used BRÄNSLEREGL.MAN according to Engine Failure Checklist for restarting engine after Flame-Out. In pos MAN You bypasse Fuelcontrol and feed fuel directly from tank to engine.  In this configuration You have to handle thrust carefully not to get Engine Stall.

Conclusion: BRÄNSLEREGL shall be set to AUTO in normal flight condition and it is not correct configured in HB Viggen but still a BUG.

Why not end this discussion by fixing the BUG...??

Were you a Viggen pilot in real life? Just curious 🙂

Viggen GIF 2.gif

H. G. Wells

vor einer Stunde schrieb Scandfox:

I flew SF37 and SH37 in Swedish Airforce 78-79.

Interesting, is it true that you were forbidden to fly above 10 meters above the water and 30 above the ground during trainings?

Viggen GIF 2.gif

H. G. Wells

12 hours ago, Jagdgeschwader said:

Interesting, is it true that you were forbidden to fly above 10 meters above the water and 30 above the ground during trainings?

Other way around; the general rule was no lower than 10 meters over water or 20 meters over ground in peacetime. In mission plans and the like you wouldn't usually see those numbers though, you'd see a call for "lowest altitude", leaving it to the pilots to decide exactly how low was appropriate (with safety regulations like the 10/20 meter floor in mind).

16 hours ago, Jagdgeschwader said:

I think you flew a bit too far below the radar there. Whooshed right past them, until it was too late for 'em.

• Like 1

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

Thank you guys for the explanation, I was wrong, looks like I mixed up the values there. 😅 

By the way, it's really nice to meet a real Viggen pilot on the forums here.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb MYSE1234:

I think you flew a bit too far below the radar there. Whooshed right past them, until it was too late for 'em.

In my training missions I tried to fly as low as I can and ended up at about 3-4 meters above the water. Now I understand that it was too much😅

Viggen GIF 2.gif

H. G. Wells

• 1 year later...