DCS Crash when entering cockpit + Discord crash

NightFlier

Hi guys,

me and other clients on the same server experienced continous crashes while entering in cockpit (on different modules).
Looking others in F2, F10 map etc. was fine but as soon as we selected a slot and go in, DCS crashed to desktop together with discord.

Some windows warning messages showed, different for every crash and many times didn't show any message at all.
One of the most common ACCESS VIOLATION we had on the logs is the VCRUNTIME140.dll

Here attached some of the crash reports.

PS: no RAM problems (32 GB) or SSD space problems (more than 350 GB free)

Thanks for your help

NF

dcs.20220209-212335.crash dcs.20220209-213542.crash

dcs.20220209-205956.crash

Edited by NightFlier

Night Flier

_________________________________________________________________________________________

i7 9700K, MSI RTX 2080, 32GB RAM (3200 MHz), SSD m.2 1TB, Monitor 32'' WQHD 2560x1440, Windows 10 Pro

• ED Team

Hi, 

can you attach the dcs log also, not just the crash it gives a bigger picture. 

Ensure windows and all drivers are up to date, run a slow repair or verify if steam on your dcs install 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi Big,

here it is 😉

Windows and nvidia drivers were already updated, slow repair done, no improvements.

(No Steam user)

dcs.log

Additional informations:

- Crashing in MP and SP
- Different missions
- With or without mods

Edited by NightFlier

Night Flier

_________________________________________________________________________________________

i7 9700K, MSI RTX 2080, 32GB RAM (3200 MHz), SSD m.2 1TB, Monitor 32'' WQHD 2560x1440, Windows 10 Pro

4 ore fa, maximov ha scritto:

Please delete all unofficial mods, rename the folder C:\Users\DAVIDE\Saved Games\DCS.open beta in any name and run the repair

Done, it still CTD as soon as I go in pit.

Night Flier

Update:

After reinstalling Nvidia drivers using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) first, now DCS is working properly (with the old Saved Games folder luckly).

The problem now is that the Freesynch is not working even if everything is activated both on nvidia control panel and the monitor (it's officialy in nvidia list of g-synch compatible monitors) and it used to be fine before.
I checked Freesynch functionality using the Nvidia Pendulum Test.

Could it be possible that after the latest nvidia drivers update, the freesynch issue is causing the CTD? How comes it doesnt' work now? 

Edited by NightFlier

Night Flier

Update 2:

New crash, this time after 5 minutes in cockpit (F-14). It was a freeze followed by a black screen. I needed a manual computer re-start.

Looking to Event Manager in Windows I found this one at the time of the crash:

"Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: DCS.exe (292) consumed 45484691456 bytes, Discord.exe (14748) consumed 201949184 bytes, and SearchApp.exe (10972) consumed 114085888 bytes."

I can't believe it's a RAM issue because with 32 Gb I've always flown well and nothing changed from one day to another!

Night Flier

• 1 month later...

UPDATE 3:

Combined crash during a MP mission:  DCS Crash + SRS crash + Discord freeze.

It happened to 2-3 of us in this way while others had DCS crashes or not able to join the mission with no reason. (mission already played days before with no issues).

What could cause 3 programs (DCS, SRS and Discord) to crash at the same time?

# -------------- 20220401-213546 --------------
DCS/2.7.11.22041 (x86_64; Windows NT 10.0.19043)
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll
# C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at D16A1989 00:00000000
SymInit: Symbol-SearchPath: '.;C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta;C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\system32;SRV*C:\websymbols*https://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;', symOptions: 528, UserName: 'DAVIDE'
OS-Version: 10.0.19043 () 0x100-0x1

Edited by NightFlier

Night Flier

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll

👆This points to a Windows issue. You should check the Windows Event viewer at the time of the crashes. Look for System and Software issues.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 5 months later...

Any updates on this? I'm having the same problem and have been for about the same time period. Always DCS and Discord together.

I even increased my page file size hoping that mightbhelp and nothing. It seems to have gotten even worse with the last update. 

A friend of mine told me the same thing yesterday. He had the "OUT_OF_MEMORY" error message in his dcs.log file.

His PC has 32GB of RAM and he had a 16GB pagefile. I told him to set it to 32GB instead. When playing over Syria, DCS can eat up more than 50GB (which means 32+16GB is not enough anymore).

Give it a go.

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

17 hours ago, Flappie said:

A friend of mine told me the same thing yesterday. He had the "OUT_OF_MEMORY" error message in his dcs.log file.

His PC has 32GB of RAM and he had a 16GB pagefile. I told him to set it to 32GB instead. When playing over Syria, DCS can eat up more than 50GB (which means 32+16GB is not enough anymore).

Give it a go.

HA, coincidentally I had already given it a go bumping it up to 32.5GB and the test session last night actually seemed to have worked - though it wasn't on Syria...that's tonight. I did set up a performance monitor that looked at Page File Usage % and noticed that it was averaging over 30% basically 100% of the time and I saw at least one instance where it hit close to 80%. 

WTF is going on, there? People shouldn't have to go modify settings like this for a game not to crash, lol. And it only seemed to be re-introduced at the start of the year. I know DCS used to have a major memory leak issue from what I was told - not sure if this is the same thing coming back again or what.

Thanks for the reply, though!!